Using US equipment in Australia


I live in Australia and want to use home theater equipment from the US in Australia will a voltage converter do or would I need to convert the frequency as well from 50 to 60 hz? greatful for any input.

New member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 3
Registered: Jun-07
No, it shouldnt be any different.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2499
Registered: Mar-06
Yes, Its quite diffrent. You use 220 over there correct? well that comes in the form of 50 hert cycles. Most step down converters will automaticly adjust to 60hz for US products. Yoe will need one of those heavy (Like 30 kilo) type converters

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2500
Registered: Mar-06
Why am I replying to a 4 year old thread????


New member
Username: Mena

Post Number: 3
Registered: Oct-17
So old thread. But just want to say, for a world wide travel, I often take a power converter that provides 3 AC outlets, 4 USB ports and extra 3 plug adapters. You can find power converters 110V to 230v or 220V to 110V. It is much portable to use wherever you go.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us