Remolding a room and questions about wiring(both speaker & electrical)

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 50
i almost have the walls complete down to studs, and have questions about wiring.

For electrical, is there any special consideration for the receiver as far as the size of the wire and size breaker at the box it should be and should it have it's own line? or just wire the outlets like normal.

Speaker wire- It will be in the wall speaker wires with speake terminal plates in the wall. Any brand to consider in wall plates, or is a wall plate; a wall plates. Crutchfield carries Niles brand of plates. Best buy carries Sonance!
And what brand of speaker wire, Monster cable i guess is a safe bet, but is there equal quality stuff for less money or better quality stuff for equal or slightly higher cost.

This will be total upgrade of a system, hehe upgrade to the new age. I'm thinking of Pioner elite or denon, for a receiver, around the 1000-2500 range but that is a few months out if not longer. After the room is down it will be awhile to save again :D.

What about the stuff they sell at home depot and lowes, any good?

Unregistered guest
Check your local codes for mains wireing, in other words, do it the way it's suposed to be done, the way it's always been done. the reciever/amp/cd player doesn't care. plates are plates. unless one is sixty year old green copper and one is solid gold, there shouln't be much difference. most contacts are gold plated now. wire is pretty much wire too. most companies will try to rip you off with bogus "scientific facts". Here's a shure fire method of ratting them out: if they mention "breaking in" cable, leave.

also, go here: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/6528.html

just for laughs, try this:

grab some of your scrap mains wire pull the black and white wires out of the jacket. strip them and use them to connect your cd player to your amp. Eg white to white, inside to inside, outside to outside. see if you can hear a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us