Coax cable from Entertainment ctr to Whole house Music System


New member
Username: Fharris770

Post Number: 1
Registered: Dec-06
Just purchased a house (about 20 years old) that has a fully functioning "music and sound" system with AM/FM tuner and togles for "tape" and "phono". The unit is the standard found in homes that has intercom and door bell etc. When I took the front cover off, I discovered an unused "coax" cable tucked inside. Futher search finds the other end of the cable in the family room behind an entertainment center/book case built-in.

In checking the cable, it has a single pair of stranded wires and a stranded shield. Neither end of the cable is terminated.

The unit has jacks for phone and tape available.

What I would like to do is use the "line out" RCA stero output from my CD player to send the signal to the tape input of the old system so I can play CD's throughout the house (mono of course).

Can anyone help me with how to properly make the connection. I assume I can use a stereo to mono Y adaptor to combine the audio from the CD deck but what do I do to properly terminate the available cable on both ends???

Thanks for any ideas.

New member
Username: Rpinell

Richardson, TX US

Post Number: 2
Registered: May-07
The cable you are describing should be the RCA mono cable. The y adaptor should have been installed with the aux wall plate. If not call M&S direct and they should be able to send you a y adaptor. If you need assistance we can help you. I can be reached at
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us