Need help for a quality power conditioner

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 16
I am looking for a quality power conditioner for my Home Theater setup consisting of Rotel 1075, 1080, 1068, with Paradigm Studio 100, 20 and center channel 570. I also have a panasonic plasma with max 440Watt rating.

What would be a good power conditioner(s) for this setup? What would you recommend for a UPS for this kind of load. I think the overall load maximum is roughly 3500 Watts.

Kamran

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 35
I doubt the total load is 3500w. Can you run all this off the wall plug? That wall plug is rated for a max of 1500w. I think your total load might be 1000w. Check the manual of your units, it might list the wattage usage.

Bronze Member

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 17
Here is the breakup

Rotel RMB 1075 = 800W
Rotel RB 1080 = 550W
Rotel RSP 1068 = 40W
Velodyn Sub 15"=1250W
Pany Plasma = 440W
DVD/CD/Sat/VCR/Tivo = 200W

Total = 3250W

I would need two wall plugs.

With that given, what would be the best option(s) for me for line conditioner and UPS.

Bronze Member

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 18
What if I just get UPS? wouldn't they provide line conditioning like the APC SmartUPS?

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 112
The branch circuit breaker for wall outlet is 15A 110 Volt, but rating of breaker for the resident home is 80% of load, that mean you get 12A at 110V, there for P=IV equal 12 X 110 = 1320W

Bronze Member

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 19
So, what should I do then. I will have to distribute over minimum two outlets. What if I get two 1500VA UPS, would they provide sufficient line conditioning.

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 39
Remember, those wattage ratings are for full power. You amp uses 800w when it turned up all the way. I bet most of the time it's using about 250w max. Now your sub too, that's at full power. So most of the time 250w is what it will use. The TV should use the 440w all the time. Do you use the power amp (1075) and 5 chanel amp (1080) at the same time?

Bronze Member

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 20
Yes, these wattage are startup as you said, but at the time of even a 1 sec power outage, all devices could start simultaneously, that is why I was looking at max power.

yes, both 1075 and 1080 are used. I use 1080 for front as they are power hungry.

Since I do prefer to have some UPS backup time in case of power outage (we get short outages during heavy rain..) I was thinking if I could just use a UPS and that might provide sufficient conditioning. Otherwise, I would have to go with UPSs and power conditioners in series.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 125
may be you can install a sequence power module AT-PB108.

Like this
http://www.audiotrak.ca/main.htm
go to product => profession =>power module.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us