I don't have to use a splitter, do I?

Username: Jf2737

Post Number: 1
My landlord split off a coax cable that I have been using for my cable TV/DVD/VCR for a few years now.

He just let me get cable internet service and when I hooked everything up using the splitter that came with the package to hook up the cable modem, I noticed that my computer took forever to load web pages. So I took off the splitter and just connected the coax cable to my cable modem directly with no splitter and it was back to normal.

Of course, since my one coax cable is now in my cable modem, I don't have TV right now. Would it make more sense to just ask my landlord to split another coax line to my apartment that I can use *just* for my TV/DVD/VCR hookup? That way, I would have one coax line just for the cable modem and one coax line for my TV/DVD/VCR, therefore I wouldn't need any splitters on my end.

I guess I might be a little paranoid with the splitters. I know people say that using a splitter wouldn't make a difference with my cable modem performance, but I'm *pretty sure* it did.

I hope this made sense!

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 59
you can try another splitter which can allow signal send back from cable modem, or you need a amp with 5-42Hz return path. http://www.channelvision.com/index/48
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us