Blueray or HD DVD

Username: Snipe

Post Number: 1
Which would you like to see become the next standard for hd dvd. I think blueray should be the logical choice due to the higher storage capacity. HD DVD has not made any mention of how they can expand their storage capacity at all. However, Blueray already claims to be working on both a 200 and 400 gig. disc. Ideas on what you think is best and why. When do you think they will release the new format. I know they say the end of 05 is going to be their taget release period for HD DVD with Blueray close behind. I just hope that Blueray does not get swept away by thos e anxious to get their hands on HD material as soon as possible. What are the odds of this occuring.

Anonymous

Blueray all the way, why whould I support a platform that wasn't the highest version of HD like HD-DVD!! Go blueray!!

rbasin
Unregistered guest
but bluray is not backward compatible!!!!

Anonymous

Actually if you go to the Blu-ray.com web site and under there FAQ, Blu-ray players will be backward compatible.
Here is a link: http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Username: Biz_dance

Post Number: 4
To be honest I think a major deciding factor will be the PS3. PS3 being able to play Blu-ray will put players in alot of peoples homes who otherwise would never upgrade. If Xbox 360 came with HD-DVD there would be more competition but without it I really feel Blu-ray will become the standard for HD.

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 53
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts