How do I connect 5.1 3 color to a two color Xbox audio cable hookup?

Whalen
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Altec-Lansing 5.1 surround system and want to hook it up to my Xbox. The only cables running from the 5.1 system are three differntly colored cables that resemble the end of headphones. The three colors are orange, green, and I have forgetten the third. My question is what should I purchase to hook those three colored cables to the red and white cables of the Xbox's audio output.

Whalen
Unregistered guest
It was actually Logi-tech, not Altec-Lansing.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=906 7

Unregistered guest
you cant
but if u buy a monster cable whit a optical out and connect that to the logitech you will have 5.1 .i was having the same problem and i did that and problem solved
(sorry for the bad spelling i dont write english very well)

Unregistered guest
you cant
but if u buy a monster cable whit a optical out and connect that to the logitech you will have 5.1 .i was having the same problem and i did that and problem solved
(sorry for the bad spelling i dont write english very well)

Jukey
Unregistered guest
red and white output to stereo. that would be a waste for a good set of speakers. i think there is a special XBox connector that allows you to output digital audio. then you need a device that will split 5.1 audio into 3 different 3.5 mm jacks.

either that or you can buy a "Y" adapter that changes red and white to one 3.5 mm jack. you would then connect that 3.5mm cable (3.5 mm is headphone) to the GREEN one.

hope that helped

Jukey
Unregistered guest
red and white output to stereo. that would be a waste for a good set of speakers. i think there is a special XBox connector that allows you to output digital audio. then you need a device that will split 5.1 audio into 3 different 3.5 mm jacks.

either that or you can buy a "Y" adapter that changes red and white to one 3.5 mm jack. you would then connect that 3.5mm cable (3.5 mm is headphone) to the GREEN one.

hope that helped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us