PC VGA or DVI out to TV RGB SCART

Username: Momo2oo2

Post Number: 1
I know (for the time and research lost in the process) that it must be complicated, since in 2 days of googling and reading articles and boards haven't found much about this subject.

What I want is connect my ATI Radeon's output (D-Sub 15 or DVI) to my TV's RGB SCART to get better image quality, since the Radeon's TV-OUT is S-Video and the image quality is low.

From what I have researched, the D-Sub output's signal is RGB sync, the DVI I have no idea; and what I need in the TV input is RGB "?" (dunno what). How can I get this?

In 2 days I've read a LOT about video signals, video standards, cable standards, etc., and can't get an easy solution.

The two options I have (apart from the yellow RCA that goes with the stereo audio) are:

D-Sub 15 to RGB SCART "or" DVI to RGB SCART

What I need, a cable? converter? something home-made?

Thanks in advance!!!

Bosse
Unregistered guest
Hev you seen this?
http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/

You will find more effective wiering on
http://www.nada.kth.se/~feldt/vgascart/lodning.html
The text is in swedish though

Username: Momo2oo2

Post Number: 2
Thanks Bosse!

yep i already knew the first web, but my soldering skills are null ^^ (and that statement in red at the beginning of the page scares me; if the dead one is my radeon its ~150€, but if its my TV its a LOT more)

So what I wish to find is an buy-and-plug cable/adaptor

Anyway, Ill try to ask a friend of mine to make the soldering.

BTW, anyone know of a swedish/english transate web? ^^

Thanks!!

Beto
Unregistered guest
i have a DCT with a nine pin VGA output and an HDTV with a DVI input is getting a VGA to DVI converter worth it? and which would be better DVI-I or DVi-D?

Username: Clareygirl

Post Number: 2
what scart lead do i need to connect my freeview set top box to my Phillips TV/Video combi? And also to connect my DVD player to the whole set up aswell? PLEASE HELP!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us