In need of serious help.

Username: Pelleti

Post Number: 1
Hi -

Please excuse me for not knowing all of the correct terminology, but I have a question about my home speaker system. I just bought a new house that has in wall speakers installed on the second and third floors with the hook up in the basement. There are two speakers on the second floor and two speakers on the third floor.

In the basement there are three separate connectors. For the speakers on the third floor, there are two connectors, one for each speaker, and each with two separate wires (positive and negative?). However, there is only one cable for the two speakers on the second floor. That one cable is wider than either of the cables for the top floor speakers and it has two wires originating from it (I believe they are green and black). All wires are stripped and to not have connectors on the end.

Right now I have a basic Sony stero receiver with A and B analog chanels. I have the one cable (with only two wires) hooked up to the B chanel and a selector box hooked up to the A chanel where I have the speakers for the third floor hooked up along with some Bose speakers located in the basement.

The other day I was listening to a Van Morison song and realized that the saxaphone solo was coming through real quietly on the second floor speakers. I assume that is because I have the two wires for those speakers connected to positive and negative connectors of the right speaker on the A chanel. This can't be the right way to hook this up.

What can I do? Do I need a new receiver? Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for any confusion. Thanks for any help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us