Could i get your opinion on my hook up

roachman
Unregistered guest
i have the pioneer VSX-1015-B just so ya know!you guys seem to know the capabilities of these toys better than me! so with this is the final answer connecting the 6- multi-channel(5.1)audio cable between the dvd and reciever or just using the single audio line on the dvd in?!! the hook up looks like this maybe you all can tell me if this is correct wrong overkill not enough ect ect!------(1) optical from the reciever(out) to the tv (in)----(2)component Video from the reciever (out) to the tv(in)--(3)optical from the dvd(out) to the reciever (in) (4)componenet video from the dvd (out) to the reciever(in) then on the back of the reciever i have of course all the speaker hookups through monster cable and pro solutions banana plugs!i used 14 gauge in wall thx certified monster line for the speakers i have all 7 speakers in the wall jbl and polk audio and my sub is a boston acoustics pv-500. everything is revolved around thx certification! lastley i have it all hooked up and powered to a monster cable power strip which also allows me to run my cable through it!!i think that about covers it! ohh and i have a cc so no need for a box

any help you all can give would be greatly

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 158
Sounds like you got it right. However, if your TV has enough component inputs, I would reccomend going straight to the TV from the DVD player. There is less chance for interferrence and signal degradation. Plus, you won't have to have the receiver on in order to watch a DVD. If you are like me, you will always have the receiver on when playing a DVD anyway, but it just gives you another option. You also eliminate the need for an additional cable.

roachman
Unregistered guest
thanks for the response! yeah i have enough component outputs we have a 55 lcd rptv grand wega ! if i run directly to the tv wont that screw up my surround sound? because it was supposed to come up on my tv while i was doing the setup but it didnt! and the thump just isnt there not loud enough!i understand that im not running big speakers by any means but it should be a little louder(front 2 8in jbl in wall// center dual 6in jbl// surround 2 6in polk//and the rear surround is 2 8in polk and all are in wall), the reciever did the test on all the speakers and set them to the optimum settings by how they tested im wondering if i shouldnt just do it manualy?!? one last question for ya----- if i want to watch the football in surround sound with the use of my reciever/amp how is this accomplished?

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 161
Running the video component cables directly to the TV won't affect your sound at all. The component cables are only for the video. I also had a 55" GW and I had it hooked up this way. Your digital optical or coaxial from your DVD player to the receiver provides your surround sound. If you want to watch TV with your surround speakers, use the optical output from the TV to the optical input to the receiver.

Run the component video from the DVD player directly to the TV, and then use RCA cables to hook the 2 channel audio output from the DVD player to the corresponding left/right audio inputs on the TV. (video 5 or 6, whichever you are using) A direct connection is always the best method. The way you have it hooked up now, you are basically using the receiver as a video switch.

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot to mention, in order to use the on-screen menu for your receiver in this configuration, you will need to hook up either an s-video or an rca video cable from the tv output of your receiver to a video input on your tv. Hope this isn't too confusing.

roachman
Unregistered guest
nahhh ill figure it out once the nyquil wheres off this damn cold is screwing up my squash :-) thanks for gettin back to me man

Unregistered guest
does anybody know where to plug the plugof the speakers in when you dont have places on the back of the tower to plug do you plug it in the front where it say headphones i need to know because i have been trying for ever can someone please help me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us