Digital coaxial splitter help

Username: Mathiasg

Post Number: 1
Hello all. I'm hoping some of you can give me some much-needed guidance. My receiver has only one digital coaxial audio input, however my hd cable box and dvd player both need to use that input for ideal sound. I could loop through the hd cable box, however in order for the dvd sound to work the cable box must be turned off. Since I also have Tivo, which necessitates that the cable box always be on, I am unable to use this scenario. thusly i am considering the following product "6" PYTHON SPDIF Coax Digital Audio Splitter Cable With 24K Gold Connectors" that I found on ebay.

My question is whether this will work for my needs and if there is anything that I should consider before purchasing this item? Is there the potential for damage to my reciever if both the dvd player and hd box were on simultaneously? Will I get full dolby audio quality including DTS, or by splitting it am I making some compromise? My apologies for my ignorance on this, but I figured this was the place to find the answer I need.

If you have a different product to recommend to address this need or any other ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Here's the link to the product on ebay for additional details.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3082511421&category=32836&ssp agename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us