Bi Wiring Cable Question

Username: Brandon_b

Post Number: 3
As I understand bi-Wiring, it means a red cable from the amp and a black cable from an amp split into two red cables and two black cables to connect to the 4 speaker terminals. Is this correct?

Is there anything that is electrically different between the two red cables.(or the two black cables) They start at the same point so what changes from that point to the end point other than the wire splits off. Is there some kind of crossover or diode or filter that routes high signals to the tweeters and low signals to the woofers? If so aren't cables kind of a crappy way to do this? Don't speaker manufactureres that make expensive bi-wireable speakers put good crossovers that blend the woofers and the tweeters right in the speakers?

If there isn't any kind of doping or filtering going on in the cable, I just find it hard to wrap my mind around bi-wiring. What would be the difference between joining the cables right where they meet the amp and joining them at the little bridge thing connecting the two red terminals at the speaker when you don't bi-wire. How can bi-wiring and wiring with a single cable be different?

If I'm way off base with this can someone explain it to me. I am not trying to bring up an issue of expensive cables vs. cheap cables. I'm only trying to get some answers on bi-wiring. I can understand bi-amping but bi-wiring is kinda a mystery to me.

Brandon

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 109
You've hit on one of the great wiring debates. Some people seem to swear by bi-wiring while others think it's a bunch of BS. I'm tending to lean to the second group due to the very questions you pose. I haven't bothered to bi-wire my speakers & they sound just fine like they are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us