S-video y-adapter questions

Unregistered guest
Hello. I've been looking and looking for a passive s-video y-adapter that would allow me to plug two s-video inputs into the one on the back of my TV. I've been told by Radio-shack and future-shop both that no such thing exists, and that I need a switch. The entire point of the adapter, to me, is to avoid getting up and down all the time to push buttons, so the switch is not what I'm looking for.

I've found this item: http://www.cablesforless.com/browseproducts/S-Video-Y-Adapter.html

and it looks to be exactly what I need. The question is that several people have stated it is impossible to route two s-video outputs through the one input, and that it won't work. I don't want to waste any money here, but why would this item exist if it can't be done? Should I buy it, or figure that these people don't know what they're talking about? If they are right, why exactly can it not be done through a passive adapter rather than through a switch.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3432
Signal splitters. They will work but there is video signal loss. And the intent is for 1 video signal into 2 video monitors. What you are trying to do is put 2 video signals in to 1 output which is your TV, correct?

If this is what you are trying to do and figure that these people do not know what they're talking about then try it for yourself and find out why they say such things:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us