Convert coax cable box to s-video and rca audio

alan thick
Once I started using the s-video bus on my reveiver everything must be s-video. How do I Convert coax cable box to s-video and rca audio?

Rob
You need to run the coax through your VCR. Coax in to RCA out. This is the only unit that can do this type of signal conversion. You then have rca aduio and video. You then need to go to radio shack and but a RCA to S-video converter. (19.99). This should do the trick.

Anonymous
I need to run from my dvd out the optical output to my receiver that does not have an optical in.

Is there a way to convert this to get true surround sound.

helpincolorado
Unregistered guest
My home is prewired with coax for a subwoofer. The Sony DreamSystem i purchased has rca audio wire for a connector. Is there any way to convert the coax to rca so I dont have to pull a new wire?

Jeremy
Unregistered guest
I am having problem figuring out how i can convert s/video to rca with sound i beleive u need a converter box for that but not sure or if i can just run a cable from my svideo to a rca video only andpumb themusic from my sound card on the computer or can u even pump music through svideo please only reply if u have expeirence

ripxrush
Unregistered guest
s/video is only a video signal no sound

ripxrush
Unregistered guest
My problem is that i have about 8 or so older videogame systems that have that rca plug into the system & then a coax on the otherend & you tune the channel to 3 or 4 well i jsut want the RCA jacks so i cna use an auto switcher on those things, otherwise i kill my video signal. I can's switch the rca from the system becasue it dose not seem to work wright & my atari switch is different than the rest.

Unregistered guest
I have a question about making my own S-video to RCA cord. I am decent with a soldering iron and have made other cords but I cannot seem to find the right match-up between the 4 aluminum wires from the S-video and the 2 copper wires from the RCA. Any ideas would be a great help.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 939
keep experimenting, you'll get there eventually.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 940
oh, after your success, post your results, so ther DYI guys can follow...

JJJJJJJ
Unregistered guest
The 2 grounds of the S-Vid cable go to the shield side of the RCA jack. The other 2 go to the center conductor of the RCA jack.

Anonymous

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html

I made it, works well for video card out, to rca in on the tv/vcr/portable dvdplayer I have. I used a 0.0047uF (smallest local radio shack had) ceramic capacitor instead of the 470pF. Which makes the image a little less clear. But looks nicer.

The author of the above page stats that this is for S-video out to rca in only (sort of you don't get not so good video quality back)

You might find this tool usable if you have an nvidia chipset. http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm If your in the us make sure you set it to NTSC though. It has some interesting detection features. It seems to know that I have an rca adapter installed and lets one set between rca and s video cables manually.

Radio shack does have a pre built adapter but they want $22 for it, I made mine for 12 paying the absurd prices they want for cable ends. Their s-video end was $7. I used about 20 foot of cat3 (solid core phone line and 10 base networking cable dirt cheep at home improvement stores.) red green for center signal, black and yellow for ground.

Interestingly enough, I get a more pleasing image using this cable between my vcr and tv, than the RF (coax) connection.

adsfasdf
Unregistered guest
Dish
Network
s' respectibility by casting a young actor who cannot act with emotion
as the future ruler of the universe, and coolest movie bad guy to-date. I am sure
that the Han Solo and Chewie equipped the Millenium Faclon with Direct
TV
? Am I crazy to think that it can be spelled Direct
TV
? I should ask a random stranger on the street. I saw a smart looking gentleman,
so I asked, "Direct TV, is that how you
spell it? Is Direct TV spelled like this
- Direct TV? He just stared at
me. I asked his wife the same question. "How do you spell Direct
TV
? She immediately hit me with her purse and broke my nose. Can you believe
that? All over Direct TV.
Maybe she thought it was spelled Directv.
Or maybe she thought it was obviously spelled Direct
TV
. Either way, I need to get this looked at when I go to the doctor. Maybe
he can tell me how to spell Direct
TV
. At least he won't hit me. With Direct
TV
on my mind, I walked to the office. I saw signs for " Direct
TV
", but it was spelled both ways. "I give up!" I shouted. "Direct
TV
, Direct TV, Direct
TV
, Direct TV, Direct
TV
!" I am losing my mind, and I am bleeding profusely. Direct
TV
would be the end of me and that was that. A quiet voice peeked out from
the ground below me. A young child, maybe three years old, had something to say
to me. "Mister, it is spelled Directv, not
Direct TV. So will you please leave my
parents alone? They are going to get the restraining order right now. Direct
TV
is the wrong way to spell it, but Direct
TV
is how most people type it in on Google. Direct
TV
is the way that my SEO boss tells me to optimize it, so Direct TV is the way that I will.

I have used Direct TV.
I have also used Dish Network.
I have also used Directv.
I have also used Dish Network Receivers.
I have also used Directv.
I have also used Direct TV.

I have also used Dishnetwork.

Unregistered guest
this is a bit late, but i was wonding bout the s-video to rca. Would the capacitor sharpen the image?

Unregistered guest
Is there a way to shield my s-video cord better? It getts horrible interference from the coaxial tv cable. I dont want to shell out the cash for a monster cable or one of those super good ones if i dont have to.

please email a response to wildfoot_tours@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us