Can I convert RF coaxial to component video

Anonymous

I have a projector that has a component video In, but all I have is an RF coaxial coming in for my cablevision. Is there a converter or something that I can get?

Unregistered guest
Hello,

You would be required to get an RF modulator to convert RF to RCA video signal and then to have component video out of regular composite you would be needing to get a video scaler.

You can find those at www.lenexpo-electronics.com

Thank you

Mike

Username: Hobbitfeet

Post Number: 3
Hi,

WRT Michael's comments above...
You may just need the RF modulator if your projector has a built in scaler.

Unregistered guest
First you need an RF demodulator or "tuner" this should have composite (yellow) outputs and might have component too. the will usualy run you $100+

Username: Cablechallenged

Post Number: 1
Wish to convert Component output to Coax:

I have a MDP-120 and DVI daughter card on my PC which until switching to the HD PVR from the cable company, was hooked up to the coax output. The new HD decoder does not have a cable output, rendering my MDP-120 useless for recording.

The Motorola DCT6400 has output for DVI-D, IEEE, S-Video and Component. I can use the S-Video connection at an obvious loss in quality, but I also lose the ability to see the TV selections and other info. Ideally I would like to somehow take the Component output and hook it up to coax and run it through my MDP-120 setup. Does anyone know what is required? (Hopefully an inexpensive solution)

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us