Monster cables vs every other company

Username: Lsoul

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to buy HDMI to DVI cables for my 50-inch DLP. The 3-foot cable that I need cost about $100 by Monster, and $50 by the competition. Does anyone know, are Monster cables really that much better that they are worth paying double the price?

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 371
Ramez: Buy the cheaper cable it will not make one bit of difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
ramez: I forgot to add if the cheaper cable has at least one braided metallic shield,two is better though,but at least one made of copper which covers 90% or greater of the length of the cable and also has a metal infused with plastic inner shield, usually referred to as "mylar" then buy the cheaper cable without hesitation. Monster audio cables are reasonable in price but the price they want for video cables, DVI and HDMI in particular, is outrageous.

Username: Lsoul

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input Eric, it helped a lot.

Username: Jojag

Post Number: 1
I wish someone would compair and rate Monster component Ultra High Z300cv ,against Blue Jean Belden 7787A, and Better Cable REF3CHAN-5-55. they range from $65.00 to $230.00
They all say "I,m the best"
can someone help

billywvu
Unregistered guest
i just got back from best buy with a 50 inch sony, a smaller sony flat screen, and almost $500 worth of monster cables. can anyone please suggest a brand and/or website where i can purchase comparable cables including a comparable fiber-optic one as well. i would love to not have to pay that much for cables but i do want the quality that supposedly comes with these cables. thanks a lot for any advice.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5225
try partsexpress.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 431
Also look at accessories4less.com

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2238
I just picked up a new $50 set of Monster cables for $16.50 on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Bcollins

Rockport, MA United States

Post Number: 59
Hello,
Is anyone familiar with Acoustic Research PR PRO ll interconnects. I read some customer reviews that stated that they "dulled" the sound. Their design appears to be pretty good in theory and they can be bought for between $15 - $24. If anyone has had experience with them, I woulld appreciate your opinions. Thank you,
Bill

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5295
"dulled" the sound? I don't think so.
They are pretty well made and should serve the purpose of their manufacture. Either way, cables should not be used to alter sound in any way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
Bill: I use one. Connects my DVD player to my av receiver. "Dulls the sound", that's laughable. It is a decent design with two layers of copper braided shielding and a solid center conductor, this is the standard design for a coax cable for digital signal use. Berny is absolutely right. Cables should not alter the sound in any way unless they are poorly designed. Got it for $16,6' length from accesories4less.com, a great deal, especially since BestBuy is charging $35 for it. I would be highly skeptical of any neophyte giving their opinion on a interconnect cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Thank you Berny and Eric,
I think I'll go ahead and order a couple of pairs. However, I was refering to the analogue audio cable rather than the coax. I assume they are equally as good as the coax you use. Thanks again,
Bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
Your welcome Bill. BTW, where did you see these customer reviews of the cables? I've been to the AR site and Thomson, can't find anything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Hi Eric,
I believe I saw them on audioreview.com or similar site. Not the most reliable. The reason I was concerned was because more than one review came to that same conclusion. I think that I just googled the model name and it was one of the links that came up. Please let me know if you find anything interesting. Thanks,
Bill
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us