Digital Coaxial Cable Splitter (A/B switch) ?

Username: Thenit

Canada

Post Number: 1
My digital audio receiver is approximately 25' from my video equipment. I have my DVD's digital coax out connected via a 25 foot Audioquest VSD1 cable to the receiver's only digital coax in (there are 3 optical inputs). I am about to puchase a HDTV receiver (Motorola) that has both optical and coax out and need to connect it to the audio receiver. I don't really want to use an optical cable because the 25 feet that it traverses has a lot of turns and I am worried about the robustness of the cable. Also, a 25 foot optical cable is expensive. There are 2 options as I see it. One is to have another 25 foot digi coax cable made up, buy a coax to optical converter and buy a short optical cable to connect to the receiver. This gets expensive as well. The other (least expensive) option is to get a simple A/B switch so that I have 2 short digi coax cables (likely from Blue Jeans Cables) going from the DVD and the HD receiver into the A/B switch and the Audioequest VSD1 cable coming out and going to the receiver. The question that I need answered is what kind of A/B switch do I get? Do I put "RCA to F" adaptors on the cables and purchase a video switch (F connectors) or do I get a A/V switch that has left/right audio and video (all RCA) and connect the cables to the video ins/outs (or audio ins/outs if it really matters)? Will the quality of the signal be affected so that you would notice it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us