Need Help with Stereo Hookup...

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony SS SR50 and it has surround sound capabilities. I've been trying to hook it up for quite a while now. I am the speakers correctly to the back of the recievers, two of my big speakers work, but my smaller speakers wont work at all. When I hook the smaller speakers (came with the system) up to the back of the reciever, I just get a "hum". My two large speakers work perfect, but my back two speakers and my center speaker will not work. Anyone know what I can do? I went out and bought a bass booster, but I don't know how to work that either...help PLEASE.

Username: Jayman

Jacksonville, FL

Post Number: 1
First thing that comes to mind is the polarity of your speaker wires. Make sure you've got the wires going to the right speaker terminals. Switch them around to make sure. Also, check the receiver settings and make sure you have all of the speakers "turned on." If they weren't, I don't think you'd even get a humming, but it's a thought.

Username: Milou6

Post Number: 9
Make sure your source material is encoded in surround as well -- if it's just 2 channel stereo is will usually come out as 2 channel stereo (unless your receiver can modify it through "DSP" surround modes like "theater" and "concert hall" which forces the sound through all channels to create a simulated surround sound). And as Jason Jones pointed out, make sure your receiver is set up so that the surround speakers are "on" -- a lot of receivers default to "off"

Anonymous

How do I hook up a subwoofer with two front and two rear speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us