Problem With "OnDemand"I

Username: Stevenhb

Post Number: 1
I just put together a new home theater system but need to keep the standard analog-cable-to-the-TV connected so that my wife and daughter can use the system the "old way". I have the usual 75 ohm cable line running to the area.

I need to split the incoming cable two ways - one line goes to the digital cable tuner, the other to the VCR and TV. The problem is this: when I connect the wire coming out of the wall directly to the digital cable box, the "OnDemand" feature works just fine. When I insert a 2-way splitter (or an amplified four-way Radio Shack distribution amplifier that says that it's bidirectional), the OnDemand feature of the cable box reports a "Comms Error".

There are probably a few splits in the line between the entry point to the house and the cable box.

I wouldn't mind installing the distribution point futher upstream if I had good reason to believe that it would solve the problem, but I don't want to go to all of the trouble and expense if there's not good reason to do so.

Does anyone know anything about how this "OnDemand" feature works and why I might be having a problem with it?

Thad
Unregistered guest
Make sure the splitter is of a high enough frequency. Go to Radio Shack and purchase a splitter that can be used with Digital TV. Your splitter is probably clipping the high frequencies
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us