H/K Microsoft TC1000

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 50
Hi,

I just purchased the Take Control LCD-Touchscreen remote made by Harmon/Kardon in conjunction with Microsoft. For the price that I paid, I don't really care if it has some limitations. I think it's got all the right features, and so what if it's not COMPLETELY customizable. Does anyone know what the limitations are (I've only heard that they exist)?

The remote is activity-based and comes with software developed by Microsoft, which is supposed to be very easy to use (as most windows applications are). The software lets you configure the remote via a USB cable, it can be programmed with macros, and it can learn any IR command you want. Does anybody else own this remote? Can you tell me how you like it (I have not received mine yet)?

Thanks,
Ryan

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 51
I have recently purchased this remote and I was displeased at first, but I stuck with it, and now I have it working (and it works well) except for the DVD player. Here is the problem: It didn't have my DVD player in it's database, so I learned (and relearned) all of the codes from the original remote. And the codes work, but they will not work consecutively. Here's what I mean: If you press a button, it works, but if you press that same button again, it will not work. You have to press a different button before you can press the first button again. So, for instance, if I want to press rewind then rewind again (to rewind faster, 2x, 8x, 16x, etc.), I cannot!!! Like I said, I tried relearning over and over again, as well as putting fresh batteries in both remotes, telling the TC1000 that my DVD player was a different brand, telling it that the one set of codes in its database for Philips brand DVD player was the right set, then relearning... I've exhausted everything I can think of. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I think that I have the 1.5 upgrade, but I'm not sure...
Just to be certain, how can I get it? I would need both for the firmware and software.

THANK YOU!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us