Poll: ER vs. Grey's Anatomy

Silver Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 119
I have my opinion for various reasons, but curious of what others say...which do you prefer, and why?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1198
grey's. of course... a better show overall, and tons of more people watch it that er. IMO

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8208
ER's gone on waaay too long.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 953
If you compare ER's first season (premiere Sept. 19, 1994) with Grey's first season (premiere Mar. 27, 2005), the two are very different. Aside from both being "medical" programs I think ER was more about the real ethical problems facing those charged with medical care. Grey's is more about romance/relationships than about real life in the emergency medical care business.

For what it's worth, my bother-in-law, a doc in charge of an ER in a major metropolitan hospital, says ER was more realistic and relevant than Grey's. I agree. Mind you, we are talking about the first few shows of both shows.

That said, Berny's absolutely right. ER's long ceased being the must see TV it used to be more than ten years ago.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7323
never watched either.....really

Username: Yodapez

Post Number: 2
ER until Dr. Green died.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1816
I think it was meant to say, "which is more entertaining, ER or Grey's"

The question does not ask, "which is more realistic" JOHN!, lol

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 990
The original question was:

Thread: Poll: ER vs. Grey's Anatomy
I have my opinion for various reasons, but curious of what others say...which do you prefer, and why?

ER makes Grey's look like a sophomoric Disney after school special. Is that clear enough bassman?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1887
hey man. calm down. all i said was that i think that when people are watching the shows, they are lookin at the relationships and how well made it is. not how realistic the surgeries and stuff are. ER has been going on wayyy too long and T.V. ratings show it all :-), no need to say anymore :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1888
Greys has a better storyline and thats why people cant stop watching it. ER has the same stories

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1889
and you have to understand that since women are 60% of the viewers, they dont care about how realistic somthin is. its all bout the romance and relationships

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 991
Sorry bassman, I didn't mean to get a little touchy there. The problem I have here is that people are comparing a series at its peak (Grey's) with the current shows of a series that, I agree, has gone on too long.

As I said before, ER's long ceased being the must see TV it used to be more than ten years ago. But there was a time when it was, unlike Grey's, more than a night time soap opera set in an emergency room.

I do have a thing for Sandra Oh.
Upload

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1915
ha.

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 90
yeah... i dont no who watches E.R. its so dry... they should just cancell the show.

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 91
is anyone in this thread???????

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1928
every once in a while :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 75
i love grey's anatomy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
i love the story lines

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i keep watching the show just to see who is hooking up. i like how the story is very much about the personal lives of the doctors

Username: Reservoirdog

Post Number: 4
Grey's Anatomy now...ER in its heyday

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
yep!! i agree

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7033
I still watch ER every week, it is not as good as it was 10 years ago but you know what it is still pretty good. I watch grey's also, they are two different shows as John said. Grey's is ER minus the seriousness. Both are good show's.

Username: Whirlygirl

Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
As a person who was avidly an ER fan ~ I've jumped camps! ER just can't stack up to the plot and innovative freshness of Grey's. You gotta love virtually all of the Grey's characters. I can't think of a single one that I am not fascinated and in love with! ER's plots are presented in stale fashion with more compact, less larger-than-life characters. The one thing ER excels at is plot development. They frequently leave you gasping for more even if the close-ups and scene ends are not as pretty or compelling. With the possible exception of Grey's Feb. 15th episode. I do enjoy them both but I believe the question is which do you prefer, I prefer Grey's and would watch a medical show every night of the week if it were available.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9260
good call:-)

Username: Jsalexandra

Post Number: 8
For me its ER all the way.Its definitely better.

Bronze Member
Username: Hamon

Post Number: 52
I will prefer Simpsons Episodes. It is very good comedy/anime TV Show.

Username: Ilovelucy

i rote to grey's anatomy dvd box set

Username: Lloydrees

ER peak, was being the top rated show in america THREE times, the highest greys has got to is only the 5, greys is also only about to start its 7th season, and its rating have dropped by half!...... season 7 of ER was the 2nd highest rated show in america

i like greys, BUT I LOVE ER! greys anatomy could be based in a shopping mall and it wouldn't make a differences

Username: Kwagnerx7

Greys Anatomy is the best show. And I will go with this show. Its my favorite show which deals with everyday problems.

Username: Kalora

United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks for sharing a nice link. Greys Anatomy is a excellent show. This is mine all time favorite tv show. All of the episodes of this show are fabulous. It has a superb story which encourage to watch this series.

Username: Fhk6hawpe

I will go with Greys Anatomy sitcom. I think this is the only medical drama which is popular and having good storyline. Its my favorite show.

Username: Jade_idgaf_x

I think that you cannot compare them both they are both amazing in their own ways and both have problems however I like greys anatomy till mark and lexi died and er till mark died

Username: Lorelei80

So, here's the deal. Love Grey's Anatomy! Seen 'em all, several times each. Love the plots, characters,everything! But I went into labor with my son on a Thursday and even when I was in screaming agony I made sure to let them know that if the baby wasn't born by 8:00 that we would be doing a C section because come 10:00 I would be watching ER. I saw every episode as it aired for the entire run. Never did that for ANY show before or after. It was mesmerizing. Grey's is good, REALLY good! But ER is GREAT!!

Username: Reginaphalange

They're two completely different tv shows. I think ER is way better because is more realistic, while in grey's anatomy there is too much drama, and I can tell you I found myself bored as hell after watching the first 2 seasons. In my opinion even dr. House is better then grey's.

Username: June20211

Good catch! Maybe they were counting the twins as one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us