Recommend me some good music!

Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 2
can anyone here recommend me some good music?
when i say good..i really mean..as in pro standard,it could be any song..any band or singer..one of band that i admire is dream theatre,but unfortunately,the lyrics kinda sucky..if its possible..can anyone recommend me music,that means alot in lyrics..and the music is superb?

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 237
Anything by Mudvayne. The lyrics on the L.D. 50 album are kind of hard to understand at first, but if you read the lyrics along with the songs, you'll see why I recommended these guys. Download the song Pharmaecopia and listen to it without looking at the lyrics frist and tell me if you can understand one word he is saying. Do you remember who Ed Gein was? Mudvayne wrote a song about him. Read up on the man and then listen to the song Nothing To Gein. If you listen to rock on the radio, or watch MTV2 or Fuse you have probably heard their music before. They came out with a new album not too long ago and their songs Happy? and Fall Into Sleep get alot of air-play.

Another good band is Flaw. They had a couple of albums out, but they broke up just recently. The lead singer and drummer from Flaw have a new band called Five Bolt Main and they are an awsome group too.

Anything by Seether is good. Slipknot is another awsome band. Sevendust, HIM, Velvet Revolver, Dark New Day, Crossfade, Cold, A Perfect Circle, 10 Years. There are alot of good bands out there, these are just the ones that I like the most, but Mudvayne is my favorite.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 148
Pablo Picasso- Citizen Cope

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 555
If you lean toward the prog sound of Dream Theater try Kino http://www.kinomusic.com/

One of the better pop/rock lyricists IMO is the late Kevin Gilbert. Look for the cd "Toy Matinee" - one of the greatest releases to never make it big.

Not a huge Rush fan but I do like the lyrics to a lot of their songs.

In a dark mood? Try most any Roger Waters cd, either solo or with Pink Floyd. Or Porcupine Tree for that matter.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5864
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/music/195749.html

IMO - the 80s was the best music period in history especially with Heavy Metal & Pop .

Get Limewire , type in 80s hits & download like crazy -lol ........

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6320
Godo music can be anything,though depending on your taste.

Post Number: 7
wow..thanks guys..i will look up to the song you guys recommended to me..erm berny..im a person that actually goes with almost any song..even hard rock or heavy metal..its the quality im looking for in the song or music,be it classical/pop/jazz or rock..or whatever genre there is..

Post Number: 8
oh yeah..btw..i dislike songs which contains cursing/foul languange..sorry..im not too open about those kind of songs

Gold Member

Post Number: 6323
oops did I write "godo?" I meant "good".

You may want to check out Jim Brickman...probably not in the same genre as you indicated above, but good music nonetheless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6325
Right now I am listening to Vivaldi - L'Estro Armonico.

Post Number: 10
alright..thanks alot..btw i find mudvayne's music abit too noisy..not the music but the vocal part..and yeah..the lyrics..i cant really catch them..but all in all..they have some standard in their music

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 241
Try the songs Not Falling and World So Cold by Mudvayne. World So Cold is about as mellow as these guys get and it is one of their best songs IMO. Not Falling is a song that will never get old for me. I bought a guitar just so I could learn how to play it. Another kind of mellow song with good lyrics by these guys is the song All That You Are.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
okay..now..can anyone..recommend me sentimental song..ANY song of it will do..so long its sentimental genre..i really love sentimental music also..any recommendation?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6445
Have you listened to older music? Plenty of sentimental songs like The Carpenters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i would like to have the modern ones also..any of that?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6019
er - artistS like

CELINE DION
MICHAEL BOLTON
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
RICHARD MARX
PHIL COLLINS
KENNY G (Instrumental artist)
SHANIA TWAIN .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
my..old classics..goodies.. =)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
btw..MODERN OONESS!!! ..dont wrong me..i like the oldies too..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6535
Well, if you like modern ones, then you should be able to access this by listening to the radio, couldn't you?

Pick the one you like and get the info and you should be set.

Username: Willy_57

Moerbeke waas, Oost-vlaanderen Belgium

Post Number: 10
Peter Hammill
Robert Wyatt
Nick Cave
Nick Drake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us