SRV Live from Austin, TX.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2092
Relaeased from 'Austin City Limits'.
This cd is the best I have ever heard.
Stevie is the master, and as the liner notes read, this a real timeline for SRV's maturity, as incredibly shy player becomes the most celebrated guitarslinger of my generation.

I am a heavy fan of SRV, and if anyone was on the borderline of judgement, this CD should affirm all doubts.

Stevie is the finest guitar player, and musician of about 20 years, and the Dude can sing.

Just Nuck's view, but give it a listen!

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 17
Nuck ... SRV rocks extremely hard ... He is the reason (Even Before Hendrix) that I wanted to play guitar ... His shows in the late eighties from Ausitn City Limits are just as down-to-earth as they are amazing ... I used to own the VHS ... Wish I still had it !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 18
Oh By The Way ... Let me know if the album ends with the Little Wing Instrumental ... it's sooo good ... at the end of the VHS I had, there was a video montage with that song as the backdrop ... if it isn't on the CD, let me know ... I can help you out finding it ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2216
Amselmo, yes it does. The dvd sounds very very good, the video is vintage.

This release is on Epic EVD50130.

Bronze Member
Username: Gmanchefboy

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 21
I haven't seen that one, but I do own Live at El Macambo. Video isn't that great, but his performance of Lenny is guitar perfection. Absolutely incredible.

Bronze Member
Username: Gmanchefboy

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 22
What am I saying? I have seen that on TV. Didnt' he do two performances for the Austin City Limits TV program?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2470
He did several and a few years apart, they were on tv as new.
I have only seen this one on dvd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us