Albums

Silver Member
Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 321
For the first time in at least 15 years, I went album shopping today. Perusing the Rock bins, I felt twinges of illness (seeing many of the lp's I sold years ago) and nostalgia (saw one lp with a Record Bar sticker on it - I used to work there many years ago).

Ended up purchasing several titles:

Bizet "Carmen" (complete) Fritz Reiner conducting RCA Victor Orchestra and the Robert Shaw Corale

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Composer of Desafinado, Plays

Lucinda Williams - World without Tears - New copy

'Til Tuesday - Everything's Different Now

Mose Allison - Best of - Sealed, 1970 release

Messiaen Catalogue D'Oiseaux - Jocy de Oliveira-Carvalho, pianist - I have not idea what this is but like the cover. It's a 4 lp box set for $6.

Now, all I need is a turntable.....

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 596
Ghia, are there any winners in that stash? I've been thinking of getting the Lucinda Williams LP. Would you recommend it?

A reissue label that hasn't gotten any press is 4 Men With Beards out of San Francisco (probably because of the silly name). I've picked up two of their LPs and both are first-rate in terms of music and sound and affordable to boot.

Dusty Springfield, "Dusty in Memphis" - I can't believe I've never heard this album before. This is one of the best records I've heard this year. A classic example of blue-eyed soul. Fantastic stuff.

Television, "Marquee Moon" - A different kind of classic from the late 70s CBGB scene that spawned the Talking Heads, Ramones, and Blondie. The album has never sounded better than on this reissue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us