How about Avatar???

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10848
why not?

Username: Ash_joe

Post Number: 1
Have you seen this or not,,if no then Download Avatar Movie and see it.after that you will be able to evaluate this movie. in mine words this is awesome movie....................yuppppppppppp?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 939
What makes this movie is the effects. I saw it in a 3D theater and it was killer. And of course, it is difficult to beat theater sound in a normal house.
That's the good news

The bad news it that it is a very politically correct 'green' movie. Almost pagan. It really reflects current enviromental / social / political thinking.
That and I've seen and read variations on the story a bunch of times. In Scifi, for sure, but also in other genres.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22410
Wow. I've heard nothing but great reviews about Avatar and left it there. A movie destined to be on my shelves. Unfortunately our political views will dictate the outcome of our movies based on the time we live in. Even Hollywood isn't immune to government. After all, it's what we see and believe.

Username: Ash_joe

Post Number: 8
Avatar is good 3d,sci fic movie that is made in 2009 and it is awesome movie. in my opinion it is better than Titanic movie>>

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 957
Tough to compare across genres. But if you like it better than any other flick, so beit.
I saw it once and that's enough for me.
Maybe I'm thin skinned, but as far as I'm concerned, Avatar is an OK story with a hefty dose of PC Green.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11029
i want to see it, but i will have to wait until Netflix gets it. i missed my chance in the theaters im afraid. :-(

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 962
Too bad, Mud. The 3D thing was worth whatever nutty price they got for the tickets. Once.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 409
I saw it 3 times, twice in Real 3D and once in IMAX. IMAX made it pop a little more but the real 3D still looked amazing. The first two times were enough, the 3rd was for a friend to see it who hadn't yet. I thought it was one of the best movies that has came out in a long time. I actually had no interest in seeing it, but my g/f talked me into going and I was blown away by it. Truely great. What is sad is, people who didn't get to see it in 3D in the theater are going to watch it at home on a flat 2D screen and are going to be like, "what was so great about it?"

Username: Anishacole

Post Number: 1
Avatar is the best movie of 2009. It is nice movie. I have watched ever.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4427
So-So- storyline, but great effects. 9/10.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11205
Awesome movie.

One of the most unique movies i have ever seen. It takes elements from a lot of other movies in a sense, but you feel so immersed in this world, connected almost. At least i did.Amazing. and the effects weren't half bad either...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22888
Agreed. I too was addicted to a world so expertly represented on film that it leaves almost nothing to the imagination. Almost never a dull moment and it still amazes me the CGI and animation are so dead on and realistic it isn't funny. Sure you catch small filming and editing mistakes all the time but in this one you don't care to look for them.

I've seen it maybe 12 times thus far and I swear I catch something new each time I watch. Mr. Cameron didn't disappoint. When the sequel is released, and there will be one, I will buy it unseen as I did the first. I just hope it doesn't take as long as the first one did lol.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1621
As he stated, 3 to 4 years for the sequel - with more 3-D.

I would highly recommend watching that in the theaters

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22889
I have yet to see any film in 3-D (within the the last 20 years). I'm assuming the experience is much more dramatic today than it was in the late 70's early 80's? Well of course it is. I mean, isn't it? It has to be.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1213
Walked by Avatar as the 'Demo' HD movie on some random display.
Wow, sure popped off the screen...
If I get BR, no matter WHAT I think of the movie, it'll eventually be on the shelf.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4461
Ohh godd, Paul..lol Night and day! lol God we are showing our age. lmao

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22892
I suppose. That's ok though. You could view it like a fine wine or vintage piece of hand crafted furniture. You can't teach certain things, only live long enough to truly appreciate/understand them.

Like my old man used to say......."just cause there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's no fire in the furnace".

To the day I pass...........hell yeah.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 825
Seeing it in 3D wasn't so much about making it stand out like you could touch it, but rather it enhanced the CGI. It took animation that already looked extremely real and gave it depth to make it appear even that much more real. It gave a feeling of actually being there and being part of the action. It'll be insane if they can top the graphics in the sequel.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5264
It would be neat if they could adapt the 3D to home theater (I know some TVs are capable of it).

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1237
I'm looking forward to my eye-doctor selling prescription 3-d glasses.

not.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5271
Technically, vision IS 3D. So a pair of prescription glasses are 3D as well.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1247
Yes, Jexx, we all see in 3-d. Trouble is, you need those awful glasses to see 3-d in theaters and on the new TVs.

I waited 30 years for X-Ray specs, too.

Username: Denial

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 4
It was great to see this movie in theater. The concept of movie was nice but the animation was fantabular, i should say. Really on of the great movie i have watched.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15311
was a pretty good movie to me as well but the special effects are mostly what drew me into the movie

Username: Bogesma

Post Number: 3
Great movie, watched it like 4 times and always liked it!

Username: Arthurmdarby

Post Number: 5
Great movie i have seen ever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help