INCEPTION:

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1356
I'm starting an Inception thread.
I hope this works well. This may be THE movie to see this summer.

NO SPOILERS::PLEASE!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23180
Positively go see this movie! There will be no regrets. While some of the action sequences tend to be a bit long winded and the ending will either baffle you with brilliance or leave you desperate for a sequel, it will easily make it in this years' top 5 or better. Leo is on a roll!

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 939
Honestly I just thought it was ok. It felt soooo much like the Matrix. Instead of a computer reality its in dreams and instead of jacking in once, it was done multiple times within the dreams. It was also really fast paced, which didn't leave any dull moments but felt cramped. It's worth seeing but nothing over the top IMO.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23186
Like I said in other threads this movie requires a level head and a lust for the depth of the story. Very easy to lose your grasp on the plot if you miss even 2 minutes.

Maybe I like it so much because of my late interest in psychology in school and dream research. I used to document my dreams every night when I could and analyze them the next day. You'd be surprised how often you dream at night and what you forget the next day. When you write the details down and read them in the am you're hit with a lot to process. Very analytical stuff.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 944
My g/f liked it a lot. She dreams almost every night and they're always really vivid to her. For me though, I hardly ever dream (or atleast remember them if I do) and so I don't have that type of connection with dreams. I've only had a couple vivid dreams I can recall that really stood out to me.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1728
i really wanna open a spoiler thread now lol Perhaps we shall do it in OT so we get more hits from people?

See what everyone thinks especially about the ending cause now i'm hearing different things from people.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 947
I thought the ending was pretty straight forward. Not to spoil it, but the girl left and he stayed. That was what he wanted which is why he chose not to leave when she did.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1361
SKD,
Cramped?
Wow! and the film is over 2 hours.

Lots of material to cover and there WILL be a test!

I wonder how much was left 'on the cutting room floor'?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23191
I'll look forward to the DVD and all the cut scenes and hopefully alternate endings.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 951
Yeah it felt a little cramped. Sure the movie was 148 minutes long but there was A LOT going on constantly. You never really got to know any of the characters except for Leo's and thats only because it was an important part of the story. You never really got to get to know much about anyone else along the way. You also never got to learn how that little brief case thing worked. There was so much going on and it was already over 2 hours long that there just wasnt enough time to put detail into everything.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1367
SKiD,
Yeah, you gotta' point. Not much backstory anywhere except for LeoDi.
Buy Ticket.
Fasten Seat Belt
Hold on for Ride
Exit vehicle on Left.
Stagger to parking lot. + go home.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1733
You forgot the 'Visit Bathroom Facility" which is a must after Exit vehicle on Left lol

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1369
I hear 'ya.

My wife knows the location of Every 'pit stop' between Santa Barbara and Ensenada.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23197
Why is it most men want to drive straight through on even a 6 hour trip yet women and children need 4 stops in between? Ok, the kids I can see with bathroom breaks but the women?

Anyway. On a side note, if this film intrigues you and you haven't seen "Flatliners" rent it or DL it. Netflix if you have to lol. One of Kevin Bacon's earlier hits, as well as Kiefer Sutherland and Julia Roberts. It doesn't deal with dreams exactly but the 4 minutes or so of brain activity after we have been declared clinically dead. In the film they induce heart stoppage to experience the effect. As the movie progresses so does their length of time in the "afterworld".

Pretty good flick.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15102
I saw flatliners I thought it was a decent movie....ill have to see this inception

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23204
Go see it. It's worth the price of the ticket.

Just watched Rocky Balboa again. Any opinions or thoughts from those who have seen it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15126
Im going to see inception tomorrow. Ill let you know what I thought.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15131
well i saw it and ive gotta say its one of the strangest movies ive seen but was good in its own way

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1417
Give it a while to soak in.
I intend to see it again in about 6 months, or wait until it is on PPV.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23230
Most avid moviegoers say it's a film you can't fully digest in your first viewing. I agree. Even though I sat glued to it in the theater there are many scenes I'd like to see again. Not unlike Shutter Island.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1420
Totally 100% agreed. Some movies can be seen and that's that.

Others....well, there is more there than meets the eyes with several layers to peel thru.

Kind of reminds me. I need to see 'The Hangover' again...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23231
Makes me feel old when some classics that I deem exceptionally important in defining an era aren't even recognized by many today. When I refer to a quote from a Godfather movie or a scene from Scarface I sometimes get "never heard of it" from my younger coworkers. Ok, so it may be a bit before your time but you're telling me you haven't heard of the Godfather series? Animal House, Caddyshack, The Blues Brothers, E.T., Close Encounters, ect? All flicks that I get blank stares from people in their 20's. Even I have seen Gone with the Wind, Patton, The Bridge on the River Kwai, all of Clint Eastwood's earlier Western and dirty Harry films, ect that were considered before my time. There's just so many good films out there.

I suppose today's fast paced and connected world leaves most too busy to enjoy films of yesterday. There's a lot of them too.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5314
I'm with Paul on this one: probably one of the best movies of the year.

I can see some hues of The Matrix (reality vs. perceptions), but not too much since it's a universal theme that has run throughout history. In fact I hadn't even thought of it being related to The Matrix until that comment came up. Interesting, though.

Very original movie; the way the layers of dreams and "kicks" were sequenced was incredible. Lots of action and it actually requires the audience to think! The tension build-up at the end was nothing less than ingenious.

I also liked that there was little if any sexuaI garbage in it (probably the most "lusty" it got was when one of the characters quickly kissed the girl as a joke). And swearing wasn't over the top, either. In fact, for the rough situations they were in, they kept their mouths surprisingly clean. I guess the reason the movie gets the PG-13 rating is all the violence (people being killed left and right in dreams).

It was a massive contrast to Date Night, which I saw on Thursday (and also one of the worst movies I think I have seen--lots of filth, crappy storyline, and tepid jokes throughout).

We do need a spoilers thread because there are a few questions I had myself about it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15134
me and my dad were talking and he said well have to see it together when it comes out on dvd....he said people were saying its a movie you need to see more than once

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1741
Yes I absolutely agree with you sean. I'm also sure people will probably have even more theories the more they watch the movie lol

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1001
I had this weird thought as a kid growing up, and I still think about it from time to time. Wouldn't it be crazy if a span of your life, maybe a few days, or even a few years, were just a dream. One day you woke up and all of a sudden you realize you were at a earlier stage in life. Inception explained how time was different when you were in a dream state. So what if some how you had a dream within a dream and years of your life were actually only a short span of time. Like you went into a coma or something from an accident. I think this would be a good idea for a movie. Have the movie be about whatever, make it really intriguing in itself, then at the end put the twist of it all being a dream. The person who dreamt it has now learned something and will now change their life for the better. Something along those lines.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23250
^^^Exactly what the film evokes.....Your imagination and perception of life.

Roll with it.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1003
Wow. So I just woke up from this dream and I believe it just gave me the idea for the opening of this movie and the angle I might go with it. It's got me really pumped. I might spend some time brain storming some ideas for the meat of the story and talk to some friends to get some ideas. I really need to talk to someone in the field if psychology. Id like to make this story as deep as possible.

Username: Dishtester

Post Number: 10
http://newsmovie.org/movies/Inception/2010/

Date Released: Tuesday, July 13th, 2010
Year: 2010
Runtime: 148 minutes
Rated:
PG-13

In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job till date, Inception.Upload

Username: Denial

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 5
I was in the dreams when i came out from the from the theater. The concept of the movie was mind blowing. I will give it 5/5. Fantastic movie i have saw ever.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23500
Yeah it was pretty cool.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15310
Yeah I want to see it again so I can catch more of the movie....anyone know when its being released

Username: Surnim9890

Post Number: 3
I am going to download inception movie, i heard that this is good

Username: Sameerkhanna80

Post Number: 1
very good movie so much action...nice............watch Due Date online on pzack.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15599
anyone know when this comes out on video

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23677
I'd love to get it for Xmas. I'm a hard to buy for person so movies are always a great choice. They don't release them onto DVD until they milk every last drop they can in the box office. Then they let you stir in your own anticipation for a couple more months so you don't feel bad paying the $24.99 for that plastic disc that will probably sell for $5 at Walmart in a year.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15603
I definitely want to see this again...common people

Username: Barnefrank

New york, NY United States

Great movie. I have watched this movie 3 or 4 times and still can watch it. All the animation and action in the movie is fantastic. Awesome movie.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23689
It WILL be known as a classic. The movie deserves its' due justice.

When it comes out on DVD I might buy 2 for ha ha's.

3 if the moon is right.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15617
lol

Username: Aemiliya

It's a best movie of 2010 and i really like it. It's Awesome For me.

Username: San4os

Post Number: 4
Cool, muvie!!! I like it!
I think that this movie tries to reborn "the Matrix" theme!

... and think that MUST BE INCEPTION 2 !!!!

Username: Emilya

Movie is damn good...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2073
Best Picture nom.
Not the frontrunner, but not exactly a 'long shot', either.

Username: Gloriashern

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 2
Awesome movie to watch
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion.

Bronze Member
Username: Jim1987

Post Number: 14
One of the great movie I have seen in my life.Its an amazing movie and its also in IMD top 10 movies.Christopher Nolan really did a great job.We also should thanks a lot Leonardo to giving us such an outstanding and consistence performance from the movie The Aviator.Its really a great one and the art direction is more than anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us