Anyone Not Impressed With King Kong?

Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 9
I recently picked up King Kong, the Widescreen 2 Disc Set ... The movie itself is very good ... but I am quite dissapointed with the transfer ... Watching it on my LCD Laptop screen, it's so obvious that the transfer was rushed ... you can see changes in the film texture almost every-other frame ... and the CGI scenes just look really cheap ... Definately expect a Superbit version or a 2-Disc re-release ... I have yet to see a transfer as immaculate as The Lion King or Ali ... just great ..

Does anyone think the bad transfer has anything to do with the lenghth of the movie? (at about 3 hrs.)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7423
I am not impressed with this one.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2771
i thought King kong was an excellent film....but i have yet to see it on DVD.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1400
Well its still playing hear right now via the Lucasfilm THX sound system, the image is very robust on the region 2 DVD, as to is the Six-Track Dolby Stereo Digital Surround-EX soundtrack, and if you have installed the latest part of the sound chain to your home cinemas, (SWOHS).

Sonic Whole Overhead Sound, this has huge impact on the films presentation, (SWONS) is very easy to install.

As for LCD screens, there a waste of money, there colour never looks the same nor does the brightness, if I won an LCD in a competition, I would sale it, without hesitation.

So there is nothing wrong with (KING KONG) image 10/10 sound 10/10

Username: Orioles

Post Number: 1
"and if Andy Summers/Ashley says it, it must be true!"

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 774
that movie was insane. i couldnt beleiev i actually felt reallt bad about king kong dying... the director did a great job in having you interact with king kong and loving how he is.

did anyone else think that dinasaur scene was amzing???

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 67
is anyone in this thread???????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us