Documentary on the unknown Klaus Nomi

Username: Manicallyheep

North Hollywood, CA USA

Post Number: 3
I never got a chance to see this in theatres, as it only played like three times within a thousand miles of my house, lol. Of course, Universal provided a preview for me to stew over -- as for the rest of the film, I'm still waiting.

If anyone hasn't heard of Klaus Nomi, he was quite possibly the most bizarre and genius musician to play the East Village in the early 80s. He sang soprano, dressed like a robot alien, and defined originality in the new wave scene. There's supposed to be some awesome performances on the DVD, too. Plus, I love music documentaries -- this one looks especially intriguing though. I need a replacement for my Super Furry Animals Psychedelic journey, too. Not knowing much about Nomi until a recent encounter with his music, I now can't wait for this to be released -- check this out and tell me what you think:

http://www.thenomisong.com

Unregistered guest
I was introduced to Klaus Nomi in the mid-80's by some g*y friends with whom I shared an interest in opera. (My parents took me to the opera in Germany a lot when I was growing up.)

They had the album "Encore." I thought it was bizarre, cool, campy, and VERY artistic.

I just bought this on DVD yesterday and watched it twice already. It is fascinating and, unfortunately, has a bittersweet ending, as he was one of the first artists to die of AIDS. (I think in '83.)

I highly recommend this film for anyone with an open mind. Klaus Nomi was very talented, and deeply affected many people all over the world who came into contact with him through his music, shows, etc.

I wish I could have seen him.

(Why I can't use the word g*y or h*mos*xual in this forum is beyond me. What is this, some born-again music site?)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4556
nah, just some bizarre, computer moderated forum. There is only 1 moderator here so a computer is left to deal with censoring the spelling.

You should see all the other trash post on the other areas of this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 73
is anyone in this thread???????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us