Adire Audio Tempests

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 63
I was going to spend around 150 for one sub, i have my eye on the tempest anyone have any better suggestions?

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 64
Anyone know how loud they would be in a ported box? My friend wants to know if 2 10 audiobahns would be louder...? or what if they were put together with the audiobahns...yes i know audiobahn blows, just asking a question...Help plz? And if i get it, what amp should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 97
your tempest would be consideably louder but more impressive would be the sq difference. youll beat the snot out of audiobahns

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 90
True dat!

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 65
audiobahn and ma are brother companies right -- so they both suck lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Damn me, I left Audiobahn out of the list.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Oh...wrong post...gotta put that in the other post

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 65
how would it sound with a sony 1200W amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Sony is one of the worst brands in car audio. I'm not trying to be mean, it's the honest truth. If you want a decent amp to push the tempest look at these.

Kicker KX500.2 $238 shipped on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48598%26item%3D5719838921 %26

MTX 502 $216 Shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39735%26item%3D5720420822 %26

JBL PX600.2 $224 Shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5719727139 %26%26

Those will all be good for a budget. If you're willing to spend more, how much?

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 66
kind cheap, like 150 with shipping sorry...kinda cheap

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I'm sorry, nothing anyone on here with a good conscience can recommend for that cheap to power a great sub like the Tempest. Try Getting a single Kicker CompVR 12 for like $90 Shipped, then you'll have more for an amp.

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 70
Well i think ima just gunna get a 15'' dub and a sony class d 800 watt mono amp for 200$
thankx for the info tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Enjoy your regret later on! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 48
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tempest 8 ohm DVC? I'm not sure those amps would have the juice for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
The Kicker at rated power is 500w @ 4ohm (But it's underrated.

The MTX is 500W at 4ohms, (also underrated)

The JBL is 600W @ 4ohms. All are enough power to move the Tempest IMO

mikek
Unregistered guest
The problem with a tempest is its 8ohm unless you get the 4 ohm option witch bumps the price up to 2 somthing.

Anonymous

Mazdaman, don't waste your time. The system they are looking for are just to show off(looks), so like audio(ban), sony, ma, boss, and etc. They would like to tell their friends "OH, I HAVE 1200WATTS subwoofer", but in fact, they never listen to good system b4 or what 500 watts can do to your subwoofer in the right enclosure.
One last thing, FACT, Kicker, mtx or JBL 500w would sound WAY better the sorry as@ Sony 1200w, god know if that's rms or just max, different ballpark.

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
LOL Anon!

But Mike, MazdaMan is correct! A single 8ohm dual voice coil sub, like the Tempest, can be wired either 4ohm or 16ohm. Wherein the amps he listed above, would be perfect. Might want to check your facts before you start disagree-ing with people that know something.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 280
Yeah, I believe Mazda is right on this one.

But I agree, it's not worth arguing. If someone wants a 15" Dub and a 800w (yeah right) Sony Amp, let 'em have it! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 342
FNG, been a while, where ya been bro?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 282
Busy bidding on Erik's subs! :-) Getting my stuff together. Bummed my V-max 12s didn't work out in my car. Gonna finish up my box for my Eclipse Alum. this weekend.
Jon, ended up getting it new in box for $179.00 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1662
Great deal. What size box and tune are you building? I'm guessing ported.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 287
Yeah....they had 1 left and just wanted to get rid of it. So they gave me the open box price.

I went with the 2.5 cu ft box suggestion you have me. Tuned to 35hz, I've got all the stuff, and I've cut all the sides except the port side. Gonna have someonle help me with the port, But I think it's gonna work out nice. I'll let ya know. BTW, 5" round ports don't exist. :-) Had to go square.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1663
Not out of box ports, but 5" PVC pipe does. Oh well, that's what Eclipse recommended. I've got an Aluminum sitting around, I decided on 2 cu ft net tuned to 28 hz. Not the loudest, but great SQ. 12x3" slot port.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 288
How big is that box going to be? Roughly?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 289
Man, I went everywhere looking for 5" pvc. Lowes, Home Depot, Even a blumbing/irigation place. They said 4" or 6".

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1673
Close to 3.25 gross. There are online places that sell 5" pipe. It's not that common, but it's out there.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 74
Whats the point hunting high and low for 5" tube when 2x4" or 1x6" will do the same job?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 293
I didn't hunt High and Low. I might have spent an hour and half or 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon. I just ended up going w/ a slot port.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1685
He was just going for a box design I'd found, it came from Eclipse tech support. They recommended a 2.5 gross, with 5" port 14.25" long.

Anonymous

would tow tempest work with a 3000 watt ULtralinear amp. I think 1500watt rms is the wattage for the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us