How to use AUX button on Viper to turn on device inside car?

Username: Waverider

Post Number: 5
Just wondering what do I need to get or do to be able to turn on/off a 12v device in my car via remote on my Viper 690xv. I have a Satilite radio that transmits an FM signal to my desk radio inside my office from my car that I want to be able to remotely turn on and off (inside my car) to save battery. How do I wire this up to give me a switching way via my AUX button on my remote.

Bronze Member
Username: 6spdcoupe

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 15
You have to run your extra channel to it prior to be able to use it. Red/white if your not using the trunk release option, which then would be the AUX button on your remote. If your using this wire and another wire to power the unit, you must diode or relay isolate the two.

Post Number: 6
Ok so I do not have a trunk release. So your saying I need to find the red/white wire coming from the viper box. Will this wire be positive hot when AUX is pressed on/ off. Will it be negative ground? Also how will I know what diode or relay I need and where do I attach it to.

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 20
The Red/White is a negative trigger. You would need a relay to change it to positive...

Constant to 87 and 86
Red/White into 86
whatever your trying to power up..30

Post Number: 7
Don,
Thank you very much for your knowlege. So when you say "Constant" do you mean positive always on dc connection from my car? So do I hook up the red wire from my Satilite Radio to 30 and then the black (negative) to some ground on the car?
Basicly when I want to turn the radio on I would press the AUX button and when I want to turn it off I will press AUX again. Is that how it will work?

Username: Sigmachi

Post Number: 3
Don-
You seem to know much about Viper alarms. I am having a problem with mine. Is there anyway we could chat via email or even on the phone? My email is schnabel2183@hotmail.com. The problem with mine, to make a long story short, is something happened to the remote, not sending signals to the reciever, and i need to know how to reprogram it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks alot.
Cory

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 22
Cory, Id be glad to help. Which alarm is it that you have?

Feel free to email me at: MyPearlTPI@aol.com

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 23
Edit my wiring post...

Constant to 87 and 86
Red/White into 85
whatever your trying to power up..30

Small typo on Red/white wire.

Username: Sigmachi

Post Number: 4
Thansk for your help. I emailed you. I have a 791 XV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us