Front speaker problems

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 46
Ok, I am trying to find an answer that I haven't been able to find on the web for this.

vehicle = GM Silverado 1500 extended cab w/6 speakers system

problem = finding speakers for the front doors

According to crutchfields site for specific speakers that will fit my truck, it says the truck can hold 5 1/4", 6 1/2" and 6 3/4" speakers in the front but only speakers that have a mount height from the mounting point to the top of the speaker of 3/8" tall, no more. Well, this basically leaves me with junk to choose from. I really like the infinity speakers but only the components will fit cause of the tweeters being separate.

what I need: According to infinity, I have 4 options:

1. deal with getting the junk speakers
2. put in component speakers
3. get a set of 6 1/2 or 5 1/4 but get a mounting bracket that will allow for a taller speaker
4. buy 4x6 speakers and get a fabricated plate to allow them to fit in the spot for the front speakers.

Ok, I don't want to stick with garbage speakers if I don't have to, my budget is already going tighter than I can so I can't afford to do components and an amp to power them so here is my question(s):

1. Does anyone know of where I can find speaker mounts that will accomodate for either of those options, I checked crutchfield and cardomain.com and neither of them have one and scosche doesn't have one that I can find so far
2. I am going to be putting the Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP head unit. Is there by chance any way to run components off of that unit directly instead of using an amp until I can afford another amp for the amplication or am I just looking to cause trouble in that sense.

If anyone has any other suggestions for me on this, that would be helpful. According to crutchfields site, the only speakers that will fit my truck in the 2-3 way speakers are Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Dual, Kenwood and Pioneer

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 47
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us