Memphis, Zapco, or U.S. Amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 100
Of these 3 amp makers, which do you all think is the best? At the moment I am leaning towards getting Memphis, but I am willing to listen to what you all say and base my buying decision off of that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 398
only heard 2 of the three memphis and us amps us amp is great but requires alot of alternator for the power being ab class but the memphis being class d would prob be my choice but both are nice amps

Bronze Member
Username: Stream

Arkansas

Post Number: 13
I have Memphis amps and like them quite a bit.

-Jesse

Bronze Member
Username: Stream

Arkansas

Post Number: 14
They are American made, if that makes any difference. My car audio guy told me that they're more powerful for the price than their foreign counterparts, but I'm not sure how true that is.

-Jesse

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1549
All of these amps are American made. Personally, I'd prefer Zapco and Symbilink cables leading to it, you're not going to get a cleaner signal than a balanced 16V line. US Amps tube amp would be my next choice for components, their Class D amps and AB amps are fantastic as well. Just personal preference, though.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 746
Ive used memphis before and they are very powerful amps. So I would choose memphis based on my past experience.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
i was thinking about using memphis's new power reference 500 watt class d amp for my sub. Their website says that it is 70% percent efficient, they advertise that pretty bold. I dont know it that is a really good percent or not, if not that i would use a different amp. I dont want to get a new alt. As far as components, i dont really want to spend 600 dollars for a tube amp for them, i might change my mind though. I am also prob going to get an Eclipse CD8454 HU so that would help out with system noise and distortion. If the 500 watt amp isnt good, what is another good option. Also, what is the price on one. I cant find the price anywhere.

Username: Saosin

Post Number: 1
i would go with memphis, since i have experience with them, but all 3 are solid amps, just depened what you wanna use them for, if you want the mother of all amps get the memphis belle amp, it has a four channel amp with a 1000d built in, i currently have one of them pushing a RE x.x.x. and cdt components, all i paid was 800 for the amp, with a 4 chan. and mono built in, it's a hell of a deal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us