Nakamichi, Alpine, or Eclipse

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 106
I know this is not the HU forumn, but noone is posting in there. Which of these three make the best HU? I was looking at the Eclipse 8454 so far.

Hikerboy
Unregistered guest
hmm, Alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1561
I honestly like all of them. If you're talking unaffordable range, the Alpine F#1 Status head unit ($3000 bucks retail) is what I would consider the best. Nakamichi CD-700 is also fantastic, but very pricy (I believe in the 1500-1700 range), but I LOVE it's simplicity. The Eclipse 8454 is what I feel to be the best all round head unit, as far as price to performance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
should i worry about the fact that there is no removable face plate?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1567
It depends. Personally, I could care less about a removable faceplate as I have an alarm. With that Nakamichi, most people wouldn't know it cost 1500+ anyway as it looks stock. Here's a picture:
Upload
That's a lot of why I like it, plus the simple controls. No flashy buttons, no beeping every time you adjust something, just classy. Analog controls as well :-) so you don't have to turn the volume knob 50 billion times, volume can go from 0-max in a second. As far as Eclipses, they have theft insurance on the units, so all is well on that note.

Bronze Member
Username: Stream

Arkansas

Post Number: 17
Wow, that Nak is a beautiful HU.

-Jesse

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
how is the cd-400 nakamichi compared to the eclipse cd8454 as far as quality and features? I like the fact that the cd-400 looks almost stock

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 54
Against the 400 nakamichi, I would take the eclipse. The 400 isn't simply top of the line as the eclipse is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
ok, but how much difference would you say there is between the two?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1571
A good difference. I like both the SQ and features of the 8454 over the CD-400. CD-400 just isn't overflowing with features, SQ is great, but I still like the 8454 better. The CD-700 I pictured above is really the only Nak head unit I'd have, for all around price to performance it's hard to beat the Eclipse 8454.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us