JBL 600.1

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 34
I have a jbl 600.1 and it has a red and green light on it. while it's on and running fine the green light is on but when I turn it up loud my subs stop and the red light turns on and the green light shuts off. it only does it for about 2 secs but it does it a couple times each song. what is this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 29
You either have it the subs wired wrong to it, (check the diagrams in the link below) or your alternator doesn't have the high enough output to support the Amps draw.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-LDaEVVI7a0Z/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i know i have them wired right, it only cuts out for about 2 seconds. when it cuts out a red light comes on and the green light shuts off.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Check your ground. Sounds like something could be loose or causing a short if it's just for a few seconds. Maybe try turning the gain down....might be clipping.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 546
Something is loose, ground, power. Wiggle the wires- its the only way to check a solid connection.

seightgtr05
Unregistered guest
Pat's right about this one, I have a real strong feeling it's a loose connection, in your wiring check every connection twice, from your battery all the way back to your speakerbox, defiantly your ground would be the very first i'd check
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us