Amp problem??

help
Unregistered guest
I just got a hifonics brutus 1500d amp for my jl12w7. When I hook it up, no sound comes out of my sub. The amp gets power because it lights up blue. Also it has a bass remote (like the phone looking cable) and when I plug that into the amp,the sub will act like it turned on, it moves and makes a noise, but only for like half a second, then shuts off. It has subsonic, bass eq, low pass, phase, and power level, and i tried messing with all those but that didn't help either. is it a bad amp? My sub worked fine with another amp I have and I triple checked all the connections. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 58
Sounds like the amp is bad. You might try hooking a diffrent amp up, and if the sub comes back on it is definatly the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 413
i know this will sound silly but check your amp gains maybe is all the way off

help
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I am just gonna send it back, cuz its under warranty. I hook my sub up to different amps and my sub works fine (I have 2 other amps). I played with every setting/dial on the thing, gain, pahase, bass eq, subsonic filter, I tried everything. Thanks for the help though.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 102
Did you hook the other amps up to the same wiring kit?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 419
your welcome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us