Removing bass from front speakers

pp0u20e8
Unregistered guest
I just installed a 350W Alpine sub and amp into my car, and I need to remove the bass from my front speakers. Is there any way of doing this without a crossover. I have a Sony MDX - C5970R Minidisc Head unit. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 182
dont they make these things called bass stoppers?

pp0u20e8
Unregistered guest
yeah but I figure there must be some way of just lowering the bass in the front speakers to 0 with the head unit. If you can alter the bass in all of the speakers, surely you must be able to do it in only the front/back ones...

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 596
If your running them off the headunit then the only way to elimnate any extra bass is to adjust the bass on the headunit itself.

Username: Djones

IMPERIAL, MO USA

Post Number: 1
your best bet would be to go buy some bass blockers they arent hard to install, but this will cut all the bass in your front speakers

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 598
If they are are aftermarket that will work if they are stock might not work so well with the bass blockers.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 183
yea bass blockers dont work well on stock speakers at all, my friend put bass blockers on his stock speakers, it just made the speaker sound really bad, the speaker couldnt handle only highs...

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 21
turn the bass off, and then use the gain and turn that up

Silver Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 120
Where can i get some bass blockers and how do i install them? i'm having the same trouble...

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 22
you don't need bass blockers, all u need to do is just turn the bass off and turn the gain up, in my opinion it works better than bass blockers

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 127
turning the bass off on the head unit also turns the subs off.

Username: Djones

IMPERIAL, MO USA

Post Number: 2
you can buy bass blockers anywhere they sell car audio stuff. circuit city, best buy, etc.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 23
no, thats what i do on my subs, i turn it to the lowest level and i turn the gain up, it sounds tons better doing it that way, just try it, see what works for u, if u dont like it, get the bass blockers, but it never hurts to try

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 185
...slap,the gain isnt to be used like a volume control, you could potentally be damaging your sub with the gains not properly set...

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 70
just buy a couple of 200mf non polar electrolitic capacitors and install them into the +ve feeds to your front speakers.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 24
in a previous post about a month ago some1 had the exact same question, glasswolf said to turn the bass off or to lowest level and turn the gain up, its what i do now and works great, but im not going to argue about bass blockers or not, because u get the same results either way

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 138
i disagree slap because your bass on the head unit only controls a fixed frequency which may be to low or high with bass blockers you can choose what you need.

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 193
this is on but yet off topic here, does turning the gain up on your amp cause it to run a slight bit hotter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
yes esp if its a cheaper amp

Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 6
I'd think so.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 130
Now, when i turn the bass down on the head unit... it turns down the bass all around, even the subs. though I'm going to go take a look at the bass blockers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
bass blockers is the way to go esp if your running your highs off your head unit.

thanks,

in search of bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us