Installation

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 60
Ok.. I attempted to install my sub and two amps. I hooked the amps up to the dist block and spliced the remote wire, both amps light cut on. The amp to my sub was giving power to my sub, but I ran into a problem.

I don't know how to run speaker wire from the back of my car where the amp is, to the two speakers in front that are in the doors. I tried to look under the glove box to see if there was a hole into the rubber wire harness that goes into the door but I had no luck. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I should run the speaker wire from the back of my car to the front into the doors? I have a pretty big car, it is an isuzu trooper, but I have plently of wire.

Also... I decided to take the speakers out of the door just to test if my amp was working. I got power from one amp to the subs, but when I hooked my 6.5" speakers into the other amp, I didn't get any power. The light cuts on though. Dunno why this is, I might have my RCA cables in reverse, though I don't think so.

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 47
even if your rca's are reversed, that only changes the direction of the sound... What is supposed to come from the left speaker will come from the right, that's about it... If your amp has fuses check em, also check the ground wire... and the connection to the d-block.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
I checked the fuse, it was fine. Ground wire is fine, the connection is fine, cause the light of the amp is turning on. When I was checking everything I noticed the red protection light was on instead of the green light. I have no clue why. It is even on when I have no speakers connected. It is a kicker 120.2, and I am hooking up two 6.5" boston 4ohm speakers. Anybody know what the problem is?

Also does anybody have any ideas on how I could run wire through the rubber wire harnesses in my two front doors?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 168
you really just gotta find out where that rubber grometed hole is on the inside of the door and just run the wire through there, its a task to do on most cars, thats why installation costs so much, be careful taking your car apart, you're gonna want it to fit back together just the way you had it before...

Staker
Unregistered guest
I have 2 10" XPL Kickers and I am trying to re install them in my Grand Am. Purchased in 1998 but total connected time is about two years, if that. I have everything installed and when I turn the unit on it works initially, but as soon as I try to turn up the volume, the amp trips into protection mode. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 603
If your running speaker wires for your door speakers run it from the back of the headunit. Where you attached the speaker connections on the radio to the wiring harness cut those and then using speaker wires connect the speaker wires to the harness that is plugged into your stock one and run those to the back to the amp and that is a much easier way to do it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Ahh ok thanks David, that makes sense. But do you have any clue why my amp isn't working? The protection light is cutting on, even when no speakers are connected.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
bump

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 615
Check your power cable and make sure there are no cuts in the wire are any stray wires sticking out anywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us