MOFO info

Bronze Member
Username: Daven

Post Number: 34
Need some info on a set up. Been thinking that ive put allot into sq set ups in the past and i think ill go with a spl one this time, so im trying for the 15" PowerAcoustik MOFO with a JBL 1200.1 amp. Do you think this is too much power for this sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 39
you should really think about a different brand of sub. even if your just looking for SPL, the power acoustik wont be very satisfying. whats your price range?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Price range is about 200-250.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
anyone have any sudjestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 28
is this setup for competition or u just want something loud?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I might be joning some local comps, but mostly just for me, want something with decent sq though, but im more intrested in SPL with this set up.

Bronze Member

bump

Anonymous

Get an RE SE 12", or get two Cerwin Vega Vmax

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
im looking for a 15"...

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 36
try an adire audio tempest if you are willing to go up to 300 you could have 2 the jbl 1200 would give plent of power

Anonymous

CompVR 15. Get two for $225 shipped of ebay or 1 for $120. That tempest is good too.
Probably better

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I was going to try the tempest, but its 8ohm unless you get the 4 ohm upgrade, witch puts it up to 300 a peice... :/ and this is going to be a single sub set up. I may just save up and get a Brahma, it seems hard to get a good 15 at this price...

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 37
you can wire an 8 ohm sub down to 4 ohms if you wire it parrallel you could run the tempest that way. the jbl 1200 would give it 600rms wich is more power than a tempest needs. adire i think says it takes 750 rms but that is just a thermal rating. it can take half that and preform well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Hrrm, how exactly would that work, its a dvc sub, how would you set up the wiring. If that would work, i would be more than happy with that set up.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 38
jlaudio.com has wiring diagrams to explain wiring. look at the diagram that says 1 sub dvc it will show you better than i can tell you if that doesnt help ask glasswolf of jonathon they know more than i do

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 352
Get a 15" Kicker L7. That will slam. If you really wanna go crazy with it put it in a huge ported enclosure tuned to 45 hz or 35 hz depending on your taste in bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 43
You'd wire it like the top picture on this link. (pretend it says 8ohm by the sub) That will drop it down to 4ohm
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=1&impedance=DVC4x2

Your JBL should push 600w @ 4ohm

FNG

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

the kicker will be louder but the sq is not good at all and you will have problems with stress points. if all you want to do is be loud though then go for kicker. do what you want to do

Anonymous

I want to know what u guys think I have a 1996 volkswagen golf and i'm running four(4) 15" inch subwoofers. They are two(2) audiobahns aw1508t 15" subs and two(2) splw15 15" subs. I have 2 visonik v900hc 3200watt amps and running one(1) amp on a pair of subs. I have 1 optima yellow top battery in de hood and a optima blue top marine at the back. Please tell me what do you think about my system

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 64
audiobahn sucks, and dont cross post ever again.

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 54
I think you should start your own string...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us