Which setup?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 166
Gonna sell my kickers w/amp and get myself either....

3 12" Cerwin Vega V-maxxs

3 12" MTX Thunder7500s

3 12" insert choice here, around 150 a sub i have to spend

For sure will be run by a JBL 1200.1, i plan on wiring the subs down to like 2.67 ohms...

Anonymous

3 Orion P12s

3 Adire Shivas

1 Brama or X X X

3 Infinity Perfects

3 Alpine Type R's

3 IDQ's

3 Dayton DVC 12s

2 Eclipse Aluminum (8100 series)....

and a shot of Cuervo!!!

Anyway, there's a mix in that price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 83
Go with 3 cerwin vega vmaxes in series parallel you will get 2.67 ohms and you can buy them for 150 dollars or less each subwoofer.

thanks,

in search of bass

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1236
Tweeter is dropping Eclipse, I'd go find two Eclipse Aluminums (selling them around $200 each) and power those with the 1200.1, ported or sealed, your choice, either would slam. Wire to a 1 or 2 ohm load, depending on if you get the SVC or DVC models (I'd get the SVC and run 2 ohm with that amp)

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 95
Jonathan...
What's the recomended internal space for a sealed enclosure on the Eclipse 8122.4 DVC?

Can't find these on Eclipse' site anymore to get spec's.

FNG

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 61
(not to be off topic but...) What size/kind of kickers do you have, and what kind of amp are you running?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1241
They don't list them, but when we made boxes for them in the shop they were usually about 1 cu ft net. I'd say a good range is .75-1.25 cu ft.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1242
The number to Eclipse tech support is 1 800 233 2216 if you want to make sure, I'm not totally certain of the recommended box as calling them is about the only way you'll get that info from them (or email tech support) They're open 8:30 to 5:30 Pacific standard time.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 180
I'm really considering getting the 3 Shiva's but on there site it says i'd have to run 3 of them at 5.something ohms....anyone know if thats right or wrong? whats the Ohm rating on a shiva?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1252
The shiva is a dual 8 ohm sub, if you wire all 3 in parallel it will create a 1.33 ohm load, a JBL 1200.1 would power three Shivas well.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 208
If you are going to spend 150 per sub . thats around 450 total. get 1 Brahma. Ive heard things about this sub and that it is AMAZING. I would get that or a RE X.X.X
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us