Want a good laugh ??

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 35
One of the guys down at work comes to me today and asks if I can help him with his stereo. He says the amps keep shutting off very quickly . I ask him for the complete details until he comes to the part about his 1000 watts of amps and his 4 gauge power wire . I asked him if he had a good ground,and good connections for the power wire. He then informed me he couldn't find a hole to pass the 4 gauge through the firewall, so he connected it to the fusebox !!!! I don't know how you could even connect a 4 gauge wire to a fusebox !! So, I told him how to correct his problem and have been laughing about it all day !!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1177
That's pretty bad. Listen to this:
My friend went to work the other day and was informed about what one of his managers had said to one of the maintenance people. We've had bad rain because of the Hurricane Charley coming through, and the plant has a DAF unit that removes polymers out of the water, that way the city doesn't have to filter them out. Anyway, the electric panel outside is exposed to the elements, and the rain caused a short in it. In the middle of all this rain, the manager asks a maintenance guy to go outside and fix the control panel so the line will be running again. He says there's no way he's going out to work on an electric control panel in the rain. So the manager asks a utility man if he would go outside and hold an UMBRELLA for him so he'll work on the panel. I could just picture him in the middle of the rain holding an umbrella for some guy. He was just speechless and ignored him. I laughed all day about this.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 25
Here is one for you (I think this guy learned his lesson) Middle of operation Iraqi freedom. One of my coworkers was trouble shooting a power problem on a f16. Had the generator hooked up (120 volts 400 herts 3 phases) and was using safty wire to go between the leads on his fulk meter, and the disconect he was shooting. Some how his hand slipped and he crossed 2 of the phases. The resulting flash (which was seen over a mile away)burnt lines in his hands from the safty wire and left him blind for a day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us