Box Build for 2x12 kicker comp c(help please)

Username: Holdmebeer

Post Number: 1
}Hello all. I have been racking my head on this build. I have only built one box beforfe this and it turned out fine and i had no idea what i was doing and also i had no idea i didnt know what i was doing until this build. I was not aware of the speaker q's and vas and bl and all the rest that come into play when you step it up a notch. So i am building a box for my buddy. He bought some used kicker comp c 12s in a kicker embossed sealed box. Well whomever he bought it from decided to turn it into a slot port at the back. I have no idea why and my buddy thinks the speakers are messed up and i told him it was only the box and that the speakers sound fine so anyways hes stubborn so i have to prove it. I already started out again like i had before with no knowledge about tuning or any of that but i have been on it with the research and have put the build on hold. I have came quite far but could use help before i put the top on and port walls. So by saying that of course i already build a box cut holes and have almost all done. the box internal dimensions are 34-1/4 wide x 21-1/4 deep x 14-1/4 tall. I just wanted to build a bigger box and i guess i didnt know the name before but i was going to attempt a t-line but have now changed my mind to slot port. I had also placed speaker holes on the wrong side so to say. I mean from what i have read most people say it should be firing off of the port wall which it was opposite side of the port. Now i can either take that piece and toss it and cut a new one but i am broke and im not being paid for this so i dont want to do that. When i spaced my speakers i had it set up off the opposite side but it was also only set up for 2.5 inch port. I was thinking about changing it to a 4 or 5 inch port and this will fix the port wall close enough to have speaker firing against it. I watched some tutorial and read some more and someone said that the 12-16 inch2 per cu ft basically if you go low then you will have cleaner bass with less mud but not as extreme or hard hitting and higher meaning you will have mud and higher tuned. well there is only so much reading i could do until i was unable to find an answer to my sitch so now im asking it. what do you think about this for 2 kicker 12 comp c. since my box height is already set even at a 12 which i didnt want to go i still have to make a 5 inch port, does this sound ok? also i am using 5/8 inch mdf because they had some good size good priced sheets at home depot so i grabbed them idk if it makes a difference but im sure bc everything always does. So 5 inch port on a 6 cu internal volume box. now that 6 is the gross internal not net. Im also not sure how much to take off for the speakers mounting volume or the port and bracing. when deducting for port is it only the thickness of the wood by the total length of the port or is the whole port area to be removed from internal enclosure volume for tuning? Im not sure if i worded that correctly but I hope you guys understand the question ask if not. What i did was estimate 5.7 cu for net internal volume. Also when doing this do you use the gross for port area. im starting to get into big words and im just going to leave this with you guys but it a simple l slot box that is oversized or at least thats the way the internet is making me feel. Also my friend i am building it for apparently doesnt care about words or treble. I guess he feels like the sytem bumps harder when there are no words so im not sure how high to tune becuase the speaker fs is low at like 26.7 hz i will find more info about the kicker comp c 12 and post it up. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

}

Upload

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts