Amp Troubleshooting

Username: Nuuk777

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Having issues with my car amp. Amp has been in car a for a few years now. Currently moved overseas so have a little language barrier with local car audio shops. AMP is an MTX Thunder 8502, and subs are MTX Thunder 7500.

AMP does not turn on at all, no led lights come on the AMP anymore. I have a Digital Multi-meter (DMM) and checked that voltage is running to the amp into the batt\12+v (main power line) terminal while the car is off, checked on the amp end. When I turn on the car I get 12+v reading from the remote wire going into the amp, however the (main power line) now no longer reads any power, or rather shows up with a negligible voltage (i.e. .01) on the DMM, again checked on the amp end.

I checked the 3 fuses on the AMP and they seem fine. The fuse on the (main power line) from the battery terminal to the amp appears to be fine, as I would assume if it were bad I wouldn't be getting power to the amp regardless if the car is on or off.

Any other suggestions? Bad amp, bad ground?

Thank You

Username: Wtim260

Hi there everyone.

I have a question. I have A Hifonics Brutus 1600.1 and I've been experiencing at random low output from the amp. I can listen to it all day and it'll sound great, then ill shut the car down and park it. When I power everything back up it won't sound nothing like before. I have an extra battery in the trunk and I've checked everything possible. Even to the point of taking the amp out and opening it up. Upon doing so I have a little spot that's burnt on the board where a 20 picofarad ceramic radial capacitor is located. Will that cause my problem? Am I able to test to see if it is in fact blown? And is it a hard fix? Oh and it's located where its labeled Ground on the board.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
}

Username: Roger_123

Yesterday on my way home i was listening to music and when i arived home i turned my car off and came inside for about an hour and a half and then came back to my car since i was gonna go buy some supplies. Then i relized no bass was playing and i checked my amp and the lights were off. I checked the two fuses from the amp and they are still good, then i checked the one from the amp to the battery and that one is also good. I got my sound system installed 2 1/2 years ago by a professional. I have a Powerbass 2 channel 1200w amp. What could my problem be? Thank You.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us