JL W6W12 Questions

Username: Fordexped

Post Number: 1
Ive been looking to upgrade my sub system for a while to something considerably louder and hopefully cleaner and have been looking mainly at JLs. I recently found W6W12s on sale on sonicelectronix for like $400. From what I read these are the subs I'm looking for but I still have a few questions. Right now I'm running a 15" Eclipse titanium in a ported box on a Hifonics Zeus 1200 watt amplifier in a 2001 Expedition. Would 2 W6s be louder than this? Will the amp I have work for two of these subs? Also would I be better off going for 1 W7? Lastly, would it be necessary to make improvements to the wiring setup I have or the alternator or do any other sorta major additions to my system. The sale is ending pretty soon so the sooner you all reply the better. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1968
You mean 12w6v3 and are on sale for almost 500, likely two of those will be louder than a 15" properly setup, considerably louder not sure, neither sure about cleaner, Eclipse are also SQ subs(made by TC sounds which are some of the cleanest sounding subs around) maybe you have a bad box. Your amp is certainly entry level and may not be giving even rated power.

If you want considerably louder a couple of Fi Q 15 subs or something from ascendant audio for example, those are SQL subs that retain sound quality characteristics but are capable of much higher output.

A 3K amp would be nice for the Qs along with a number of electrical system upgrades.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us