Help? 2 Head units have stopped working in 5 months.

Username: Caelyncat

Post Number: 1
I bought a nice head unit from Best Buy about 5 months ago, it worked for about 5 minutes and stopped. I took it back and they said it was defective and they refunded me my money. I installed the original head unit and it started going out (randomly ejecting and not reading cd's) so I went to Walmart and bought a cheapo Dual XD 250. Fast forward 2 months and it just went out completely. I took it out and checked all the connections, and nothing. I bought a new wire harness and redid them, and nothing. I called tech support and they told me to ship it to them and they will replace it. This is incredibly frustrating because I am a delivery driver and spend 6+ hours a day in my car. My question is can anyone tell me if it might be something with my car? I drive a dodge caravan so it's not like it has a fancy audio system. I could see a Dual going out but the Pioneer to? I may be really unlucky but something about 2 head units going out in 5 months doesn't seem right. To clarify there was no burning smell, and no blown fuses, it just simply lost all power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us