Installing a new audio system

Username: Sparticus707

Post Number: 1
Ok, so I just got a car, it's a 2004 Alero. I want to put in a single 12" sub, I have recently upgraded my 6x9s to aftermarket pioneers. I have an Alpine 500-RMS mono amp.
I'm not really looking to rattle the car next to me, to be honest, I just want to have a really nice personal audio system in my car, which is why I only want a single 12. I plan on getting new 4x6s to go in the doors and I will also be getting a new deck as well.
My question is: what do I need (including wiring and casings and such) to get everything going? I don't want to go crazy, I just want the basic necessities to have a nice system in my car. I already have a vented enclosure for a 12" sub, it's just down to picking one out.
I have looked at the pioneer Champion series and the Sundown E series. I don want to spend a lot of money on a extraordinary amp and not fully utilize its potential, but I also don't want to get a crappy sub. I listen to more like rock and metal than rap (although I do listen to rap) so I want some with a good punch to it, but still able to get some of the "ghetto lows"

P.s. I JUST started to get into car audio, so if you use technical jargon, just assume I don't know what it means and explain yourself, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS ME MAKE A GOOD CHOICE!!!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1818
A Sundown E, 1.8 cubes box @33Hz, 45 square inches of port area and the amp you have will likely get you what you are looking for and the price is right.

Username: Sparticus707

Post Number: 2
You don't think the Pioneer works very well?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1820
Pioneer HUs are top notch, that's about it from them, they had some Kevlar component speakers which were really nice, then nothing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us