BMW Wire harness

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16271
Does anyone know of a viable wire harness for a 2010 BMW 328i? I hate cutting wires. I want to keep the head unit stock but want to upgrade the speakers and add a JL Audio XD600/6 amp.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1412
http://www.jcwhitney.com/2007-2010-bmw-328i/radio-wiring-harness/p2009335d17168y 2007-2010j1.jcwx

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16279
That harness is chock full of crap. It is meant for an aftermarket radio and does not take I had to return it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1433
You are not looking for a harness if you are not installing an aftermarket radio. It's explicitly stated on the link I gave you. Sorry though.

Check your amp description here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XD6006/JL-Audio-XD600-6.html

It says you should get this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html?tp=2610

You connect that to the back speakers wires if the amp will be installed on the back, one to the left speaker wires the other to the right, the new speakers will no longer be connected there but to the amp.

Please verify that crutchfield's information is accurate before buying.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16282
Have you worked on late model BMWs? It is not as simple as your run-of--the-mill Japanese imports. Everything is integrated and all controlled by a central unit. Gutting the whole system to replace the whole audio/entertainment unit is not recommended by some professional installers that I know. Some have gone as far as keeping the stock HU and relocating it to the back so as not to screw up the central computer when the car goes in for servicing.This is a totally different animal which really infuriates me...but that is different topic all together.

What I want is a harness that will go from the head unit, to the amp that will need to be placed in the trunk. From the amp, another harness that will go back to the front and connect to the factory harness that drives the speakers and subs. No cutting, no splicing, no converting.

Basically, HU -->harness-->amp-->harness-->factory harness--> speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1438
Good luck finding something like that.

Take a look at this pic to see what I am talking about (thanks to whoever drew it):

Upload

Those LOC devices you see are not necessary in your case, only the JL Audio cables on the link.

As you can see you are touching nothing on your car electrical system you don't need to pull out the head unit, just hook up the JL cables to the rear speakers. From there you would need to reach each speaker OR you could have used the harness I suggested to connect from there.

As you say some stock head units integrate functionality beyond the radio but is not necessarily is the case with your car, if the harness I suggested exists I doubt there will be any problem, truly a cheap aftermarket head unit will outperform most if not every stock head units.

Username: Johnvella

New York City, New York United States

Post Number: 8
thanks "joe durkham" for your time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts