Box design help for a Custom 3hp 12"

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 462
I just bought this custom 3hp http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/12-subwoofers/145782-fs%3B-12-3hp-subwo ofers-eclipse-audiopulse.html It looks pretty bada$$ so I made a snap decision! I know nothing about boxes so need a box design and cutout sheet to give to my local car audio shop box maker. All of the specs of the sub are on the first post. I have 1000 RMS to put to it currently and will for a few months, but I eventually plan on upgrading electrically/bigger amp. I drive a 2005 chevy malibu I'm sure it will be loud enough, so I'm looking to focus on SQ and lows as I listen to hip hop/rap. It weighs 68 lbs so maybe it'd need extra support somewhere? Need any more info let me know. If I use your box ill send $5 paypal. Thx a lot, pretty excited! Any more info just ask. I need the box plan by the end of tomorrow since I'm going to welding school next monday and want the boxdone by saturday. If youve seen this thread after tomorrow ignore.

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 463
BTW, the sub is 2000rms

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 464
and id like it to be tuned from 30-32 hz and L ported.

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 465
wow... what happened to this forum? 2-3 years ago it was pretty popular iirc... o well, life goes on

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 466
wow, that guy lied to me in texts and showed me a shipping weight of 68 lbs without mentioning that was for 2 subs he sold in one package last week, while i thought and he must have knew I meant just 1. Sigh, never trust people ryan, especially when there name is juan!!! Im sure it will still be a good buy, what do you guys think? 315 is a lot of money for 36 lbs, bah im so stupid to believe that it weighed 68 lbs. ive been outsmarted

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3289
weight means nothing. that woofer prolly weight around 40+lbs my guess. my 3hp is 44lbs with a thicker top plate. looks like a good woofer, 3hp's are awesome on the lows. anything TC sounds is awesome on the lows.

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 467
Got a question. Well this question can probably truly only be fully understood if you either make woofers or have an electrical degree. This is a tough question to ask. The sub has an 8 layer voice coil. Does this mean its just not as efficient which is why it would take 2000 rms to fully max the woofer out as far as db's are concerned. If it had a 4 layer voice wouldn't that just mean itd be more efficient and get that same output that the 8 layer gets a 2000 rms possibly at say 1000 rms? It's just a little confusing. Also will there be a noticeable hearing difference if you were to put 1500 to it compared to 20000. Don't come back with a scientifical answer please. Speak english : )

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 468
Wow its gonna be here in a few hours... starting to get hard.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3290
weight means nothing. that woofer prolly weight around 40+lbs my guess. my 3hp is 44lbs with a thicker top plate. looks like a good woofer, 3hp's are awesome on the lows. anything TC sounds is awesome on the lows.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us