Got a new system ordered... Been out of game awhile need opinions

Username: Zack_kraus

Post Number: 6
Friday I ordered new equipment for my new car... I've always been partial to alpine so I went alpine equipment ordered was as is... Head unit: ive-w530 component set: spr 60c coaxial: spr 60 sub: swr 12d4 amp: pdx v9... My question to you guys here is how is the newest line of type r equipment I've owned every line but nothing from the newest line of equipment... I love type x woofers but didn't need all that bass this time around... There are so many mixed reviews online and have always trusted opinions on here years ago just wanted to know if I purchased great equipment and if alpine made good improvements to the type r line I already know the pdx amp was a solid purchase just opinions on type r

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1647
Well that 12D4 is rated at 1K so it will laugh at your amp.

Username: Zack_kraus

Post Number: 7
Well it's rated between 300-1000 and for the sound I'm going for I believe 500 watts will be plenty prolly a lil more than 500

Gold Member

Post Number: 1649
The new type R is Alpine's answer to an increasingly loud competition, some say the new lost some of its original SQ.

I wouldn't worry too much since you already purchased it, at this point I would look at putting it into a well designed enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3272
im pretty sure the new 12" type r is 600w rms.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3273
I havent heard the new type-s yet in a car (just in the demo wall at work) but it says its an underhung coil. just throwing that out there thought that was odd.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1650
Somedonniedude check this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45521_Alpine-SWR-12D4.html

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3274
dang i didnt realize they came out with a new type r! i stand corrected lol. must be why we stopped carrying them at my work (best buy) since most customers only want a pair of woofers, and we dont offer anything to support 2kw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us