Need something for my 87 foxbody hatch

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1293
As the title says. Im trying to figure out what to put in here. This isnt a car i drive very often,but i still need alittle something in there. I dont wanna take up a ton of room. I was thinking a single 10 or 12'' ssd maybe? Possibly a couple 8s? I have an aq1200 just sitting in my garage so i figured i could just use it. Budget of about $200 or so. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks fellas...

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1294
Wow really? Nobody?

Silver Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 136
ssa Gcon perhaps?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14689
The Fi 12" SSD would be great on that AQ1200D. Get it built with dual 2 ohm coils, and wire them in parallel for a 1 ohm load and 1200W to the sub. Build a ported enclosure for the sub, and tune to 28Hz and enjoy really nice deep bass.

Then start thinking about a head unit, second amplifier, and a really good front stage to keep up with that sub

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1295
H/U is a Pioneer DEH-P7400HD
There already was a boston acoustics comp set in there when i bought it. There are some alpine speakers in the back too. All running off a 4 ch alpine v12 amp. Over all it dont sound to bad,but eventually will be replaced.

Ssd may be the way to go for the money.
Though there is an idmax forsale over on caco...

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1512
When it comes to subwoofers I prefer new over used like 99% of the times unless you are prepared to recone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us