Lookin to get new sub

Username: Oldford

Post Number: 1
im pretty new to car audio. i have a 89 ford f150 single cab truck with bucket seats. I have a hifonics HFi1000.1D AMP (i know its a piece but its all i can afford) runnin 2 old rockford p1. i want to get a new 2 OHM Dvc 10 or 12. any suggest.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1415
What is your complaint on the p1s and most importantly the specs of the enclosure you have them in.

That Hifonics didn't do rated but other than that is just another class D amp.

Post Number: 2
there in a 2.2 CU DUAL 4" tube PORT TUNED TO 45 Hz I ThINK. i was bored today so i switched them out FOR my really old kenwood kfc HQ251 10" BECAUSE ThE P1 are rated 175-300 RMS AND ThE KENWOODS ARE 300 tO 600. but i still want it louder AND better sq. i can build pretty much any box design that will be best (i got like 10 YEARScabinetry experience). i wanted to get the amp down to 1 OHM for a bit more power

Post Number: 3
sorry caps on comp is messed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1416
Tuned to 45Hz you likely are hearing mostly loud midbass, the enclosure must be peaking at about 50Hz, very non linear.

Going dual D4 would make the amp push about 800-850W total since it's overrated so expect no big gains with that amp either way.

If you like SPL just plan a different setup, don't know how ports/subs are being aimed but your net volume is low, you should be giving the p1s a bit above rated with the overrated amp. A 45Hz tune may be loud but should sound really bad.

I could give you some suggestions if you state a budget.

Post Number: 4
i could prolly scrap togetHer like 500-550 TO START. I LIve in canada so some products i cant get here. Thnx for yOur help. I was wunderin how sundown audio is. kinda like tHere subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1417
The sa-12's are very popular subs right now, need a bigger enclosure 1.75-2.25 (per sub) to sound good also rarely tuned above 36Hz

A sub for a SPL type of application and requiring low net volume would be the DC Audio and some amp to match. Can work in 1.5 cubes per sub.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 828
FIRST THINGS FIRST.........

What kind of music will you be playing most often with this setup?
What kind of sound are you looking for? such as: mid-high bass, super-low bass, most SPL, mostly SQ, a good mixture of everything,,,,
Do you want only 1 sub, or might u get 2? I know space is an issue, so what will your new box look like? narrower at top to fit under back glass? how about the space between seats? are u willing to use that?Have you decided between ported or sealed? or are u open for suggestions?

I would suggest 1 15" sub it a sealed box between front seats with the box extending behind both seats to allow for max volume...

Post Number: 5
- rock and rap
-Im lookin for low bass with more spl tHen sq
-I dont care the number of subs just the cost ( i would rather a 12 OER the 15 but 2 10' or 8' subs would be sweet to)
- i do want to do a box like u suggested with maybe a slot port on the front and the sub on top slihtly aiming towards the front of the truck
- i like low AND long bass tones so i dont know how much i will like sealed but i could be wrong

Post Number: 6
i also am runnin a jvc arsenal KD-AHD75BT deck and 2 6.5" arsenal CS-AR650 of a alpine t220

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 93
4 10" JL W0 FOR THE COST
4 8" W7- FOR SPL AND QUALITY
2 13.5 TW

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 608
he said hes on a budget, JL would be the exact opposite of budget.

check out ficaraudio.com ascendantaudio.com soundsolutionsaudio

Post Number: 7
what sub could i run best off my amp now, but IF I got a new amp (SOMETHIN AROUND 1500RMS) it could handle it too

Post Number: 8
would a sundown sa 12 D2 work on my amp for now and if i wanted to upgrade my amp later

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 612
To run over 1200 rms youd need to beef up your electrical system. With 800 rms, id look into possibly this http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/gcon.html i had an old icon and the sound quality and lows it put out were beautiful.
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154f9f627f92207/s hopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

http://ascendantaudio.com/chaos.php

all subs listed are popular SQ beasts and rated for your amp. If it were up to me id try out the chaos, cause it looks sick.

Also remember

Post Number: 9
would a sundown sa 12 D2 work on my amp for now and if i wanted to upgrade my amp later to something around 1500-1750 rms

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 613
to get the correct ohmage on whatever you get.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 614
the sa 12 is rated at 600 rms, your amp is overated according to the knowledgable, and will put out ~800 rms. So if you used common sense, im sure youd be fine. I wouldnt run 1500 rms on it, if thats what your implying, which i doubt think you are ;).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1422
jarrett measure the maximum size of the box you can fit, from there better suggestions can be made.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I think that i should be able to make a box arounD 2.5 if ITS "T" Shaped. I was checkiN out tHose FI caraudio SSD12, ARE They a pretty decent sub to get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us